Really Basic 3PH Newb Questions

/ Really Basic 3PH Newb Questions #1  

SManZ350

Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST
I have a new Kioti CK2610 and I bought a subsoiler over the weekend. I took the rear blade off and put the subsoiler on and had questions my owner's manual didn't cover, so here I am!

This is a pic off the web, but mine looks identical.
Franklin%20Tractor%20Company%20-%20New%20Inventory(3).jpg

The lower lift arms each have a turnbuckle that limits the movement of the arm towards the centerline of the tractor. Using these I was able to center the implement and tighten them down to get rid of any side-to-side slop.
Should these turnbuckles be adjusted to allow for no slop or some slop? Or does it depend on what I am trying to do or what kind of implement I'm using?

The Cat 1 pins on the implements have a lynch pin that keeps the lift arm from sliding off. It seemed that when I got rid of the side-to-side slop that the outer edge of the lift arm was putting more pressure against the lynch pin since the turnbuckles pull the lift arms outward. Is this ok?

Thank you!

/ Really Basic 3PH Newb Questions #2  
A little side play is good to have.

The linkages are not perfect and having no play can cause binding, which is no good.

I'll give you the example of my tractor. I set a bit of side play with the implement close to the ground. Once I lift it fully up, it takes all the play out and has no side movement at all.

I would say 1/2" to 1" side to side play is good to go. Not critical dimensions though.

/ Really Basic 3PH Newb Questions #3  
Congrats on the tractor!
Those are called stabilizers or sometimes check chains.
It depends on the implement. Some things you want no slop. Some things you want a little. What you never want is enough slop for the lift arms to contact the tires.
You can't put enough force, with the stabilizers, on the lynch pins to hurt anything.

/ Really Basic 3PH Newb Questions #4  
You are going to have to have a little side movement in arms to get the implement pins into hitch bars (balls) .... A little slack is good even if you go Quick Hitch.... Side load are not so much as you will be bearing a lot of pressure on lynch pins,... I usually lose them not break them, have a few spares....

Dale

/ Really Basic 3PH Newb Questions
Thank you all for the information! Good point about the binding, I didn't think about that as the implement moves up and down. I'll set a touch of slack and check it when raised and lowered before I start grading again this afternoon.

/ Really Basic 3PH Newb Questions #6  
You also want a little play in your subsoiler so if you hit a big immovable rock or high pressure natural gas line (just kidding), the implement can bounce to the side and dodge the rock instead of breaking the implement or something on your tractor. As noted above, you will note the slack will increase/decrease as you raise/lower the implement. The hydraulics on your tractor are very powerful and if they meet resistance, the hydraulics almost always win and something else breaks or gets bent. Ask me how I know that.

/ Really Basic 3PH Newb Questions #7  
Agreed on the subsoiler, leave them with a little slack. If you ever have a heavy load like a 1000 lbs chipper or a pallet of wood, and you are traversing a side slope or up and down hills, tighten them more (while raised) to prevent any sudden shifting of the load.

/ Really Basic 3PH Newb Questions #8  
Definitely leave a little side-to-side play on the lower links.