Rear axle seal

/ Rear axle seal #1  

DrRon

Tractor
JD 3020, JD 830, JD - A
My 1948 JD Model A has an oil leak at the left rear axle. It is apparently due to a bad seal. I found out the those seals are obsolete from the local JD dealership. The service man said that I would have to contact NAPA to see if they could make one. Do any of you have any idea of how this issue can be resolved?

/ Rear axle seal #2  
JD collector association or restoration club might know a substitute

/ Rear axle seal #3  
Measure the shaft diameter, and measure the housing bore. I am about 100% certain there is a common seal number that exists that fits those dimensions.

/ Rear axle seal #5  
My 1948 JD Model A has an oil leak at the left rear axle. It is apparently due to a bad seal. I found out the those seals are obsolete from the local JD dealership. The service man said that I would have to contact NAPA to see if they could make one. Do any of you have any idea of how this issue can be resolved?
I get my old two cylinder JD parts from SteinerTractor.com. Order online and it is here in a few days.
They have both the original and upgraded axle seals. So far everything I get from them is top quality.
In fact, that's where my JD dealer gets a lot of his parts too.

rScotty

/ Rear axle seal #6  
I've replace a lot of seals. Never bought one at a dealer.

/ Rear axle seal #7  
Well, at least you did get one issue resolved, that being the knowledge level of the service man at the local JD dealership. Advising someone to ask NAPA make a seal is beyond strange; it's pure sci fi.
rScotty