Snow Attachments rear blade trick for sidecasting snow

/ rear blade trick for sidecasting snow #1  

BrentB

Tractor
JD 4200
I stumbled onto a neat trick with my John Deere rear blade while blading snow last week that I thought I'd share. I had just pulled the pin to point the blade backwards and didn't notice that I put the pin in the wrong set of holes in the main beam. When I went to back up and sidecast the snow windrow, I found the blade was free to pivot either 10 deg to the left or to the right, depending on which edge of the blade loaded up with snow first. this is real handy for widening the lane on the drive because it gives me sidecast left or right without getting off the tractor. Hope this description makes sense.

/ rear blade trick for sidecasting snow #2  
Hmm, don't quite follow you there. Can you post a photo of the pin and hole relationship?

/ rear blade trick for sidecasting snow #3  
I had a blade years ago that I could do that with. Saves a lot of time.

Paul

/ rear blade trick for sidecasting snow #4  
If the pin placement is such that it won't allow the 10 degree of motion, then using two short pieces of chain to hold the blade loose will also work. May have to bolt or weld some hooks or eyes on the blade and the beam to do that, but its a way to accomplish the trick you are using.

/ rear blade trick for sidecasting snow
I'll try to post a photo... never tryed this before, so sorry if it doesn't work

Attachments

• 5-107401-2002_0206_181257aa.jpg
    5-107401-2002_0206_181257aa.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 229