Rear Hyd. Remotes for a BX2230

/ Rear Hyd. Remotes for a BX2230 #1  

HarleyScooter

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ BX2230
Has anyone installed rear hyd. valves and quick connects on a BX2230? I priced the kit from the dealer today and it was $950 for two valves and two hose kits with the valve stacking hardware. I am not sure why you need two hose kits at $181 each but the salesman checked and said it required two? I would like to operate a top link and maybe a piviot cyl. for the back blade.
Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Rear Hyd. Remotes for a BX2230 #2  
Scott,

I've never put one on a BX but I did install one on my 2910. Used a Prince sectional stack valve with three work sections from Surplus Center. I think they also have some other valves with a smaller foot print now, that they didn't have when I bought mine. The valve was $200, the Kubota rear hydraulic outlet was another $80 and I probably have another $150 to $200 in fittings (mostly from Surplus Center) and hoses (which I sourced from TSC.)

I figure I have less than half in it what Kubota would have wanted for a similar setup.

/ Rear Hyd. Remotes for a BX2230 #3  
I have a BX2200 and used the same hydraulic setup as the bx2300 backhoe uses. It worked out good and it only cost around $200.00. I assume you could use the bx23 setup as your machine should be the same. Here is a thread about what I am talking about Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 .

Note: You will need to go through the parts schematics for the 2230 and compare it to the 23 and figure out what you need.

Note2: I did not connect a valve on my machine as I needed the hydraulics for my 3-pt backhoe.

/ Rear Hyd. Remotes for a BX2230
Thanks guys, your information is getting me on the right track. Randall maybe sometime I could stop over and see your setup in person?
Scott /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Rear Hyd. Remotes for a BX2230 #5  
Sure Scott - you're quite welcome to drop by just about anytime. I sent you a PM with my contact info.

Right now I still have the plastic skirt in front, below the seat, off ..... so it's real easy to see all the plumbing. I'll probably be pulling the backhoe off later today and putting the hydraulic top link on to do some boxblade work over the next few days - should be interesting .... will be the first time I've used it.

Randy