Rear Lift Stuck, Front Loader Works, Hair Is Falling Out

/ Rear Lift Stuck, Front Loader Works, Hair Is Falling Out #11  
I thought maybe that lever was to raise or lower the lift arms when you were connecting an implement.

/ Rear Lift Stuck, Front Loader Works, Hair Is Falling Out
Since will not lower I would suggest looking for the drop rate control. It usually a knob located below the seat behind your legs. These can and do corrode over time so they will not turn. If this is closed the arms will not lower so also would not raise. Three point on most tractors is also gravity down so you might have to push on the arms to get them to lower.
there is a mystery knob that was incredibly tight under the front of the seat, not sure if that is what you are referring to, I had broken it loose previously and after about 5 rotations it was lightly leaking oil so i cranked it back down.

/ Rear Lift Stuck, Front Loader Works, Hair Is Falling Out #13  
there is a mystery knob that was incredibly tight under the front of the seat, not sure if that is what you are referring to, I had broken it loose previously and after about 5 rotations it was lightly leaking oil so i cranked it back down.
That sounds iike you are describing the 3pt bleed rate valve - it is just an adjustable needle valve that controls the rate of 3pt arm drop. By cranking it shut, you are hydraulically locking the 3pt lift piston and arms into one position. Fluid cannot enter the 3pt cylinder or leave.
If you unscrew that knob a few revolutions and move the 3pt control then the arms should fall. If you remove the knob and shaft entirely, the weight of the arms will cause fluid to fountain out unless they have already fallen all they can.
The leak is pretty easy to deal with. Usually a felt seal around the knob shaft, and a couple of o rings around the needle valve where it fits in the bore.

I hope it's as easy as that, otherwise 3pt lock ups can lead to a lot of bolting and unbolting parts. Not difficult, just work.

Luck,
rScotty

Appreciate everyone's help on this. I was able to drag a 3pt rake and hook it up in the lifted position, with that weight and me hopping on the draft arms I was able to get it to finally lower, it was able to lift right back up, then wouldn't go down again, after hopping on the arms and getting it to drop a few times and adjusting the geometry it will now lift and lower, it just really struggled to lower all the way down without a little added weight. I'm guessing next step is to pull everything apart and grease it up and see if that will smooth things out.
thanks so much for the polite and helpful replies.

/ Rear Lift Stuck, Front Loader Works, Hair Is Falling Out #15  
Appreciate everyone's help on this. I was able to drag a 3pt rake and hook it up in the lifted position, with that weight and me hopping on the draft arms I was able to get it to finally lower, it was able to lift right back up, then wouldn't go down again, after hopping on the arms and getting it to drop a few times and adjusting the geometry it will now lift and lower, it just really struggled to lower all the way down without a little added weight. I'm guessing next step is to pull everything apart and grease it up and see if that will smooth things out.
thanks so much for the polite and helpful replies.
Consider taking that valve under the front of the seat all the way out and cleaning the needle valve. There are usually a few small parts and might be a ball as well so be prepared. DO NOT do that when the arms are up. Only with the engine off and the arms all the way lowered.

Consider taking that valve under the front of the seat all the way out and cleaning the needle valve. There are usually a few small parts and might be a ball as well so be prepared. DO NOT do that when the arms are up. Only with the engine off and the arms all the way lowered.
I took the rake off to clean the hydraulic rods and now it won't lower at all. I took out that valve under the seat and have no clue what i'm looking at, it's a hollowed out plug packed with stainless washers and a little triangular key. Adjusting it open and closed doesn't seem to have any affect on getting it to lower.

Attachments

• IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
   / Rear Lift Stuck, Front Loader Works, Hair Is Falling Out #17  
The B7200 Kubota I bought a few years back was reported to have come from Florida and had likely sat for some time. (It was a non- runner when I got it)

The 3pt hydraulic lift jammed up soon after I got the engine issues sorted out.

It was rust in the lift cylinder.

Complete disassembly, de-rust, and ball hone along with a new piston seal, and it all works well.

Something to look into perhaps....

/ Rear Lift Stuck, Front Loader Works, Hair Is Falling Out #18  
It sounds like to me the valve controlling flow for the lift (one under the seat) is not opening up fully restricting the lowering. The pressure of the hyd oil from the pump is much more than the weight of your rake to push the arms down.

It has been said already but be careful with arms up with implement taking the knob totally out of that valve. Load could drop real fast with damage to it, tractor and YOU.

The B7200 Kubota I bought a few years back was reported to have come from Florida and had likely sat for some time. (It was a non- runner when I got it)

The 3pt hydraulic lift jammed up soon after I got the engine issues sorted out.

It was rust in the lift cylinder.

Complete disassembly, de-rust, and ball hone along with a new piston seal, and it all works well.

Something to look into perhaps....
i'm going to do this regardless if it is the cause or not, there's a decent amount of rust that isn't coming off and can't imagine something machined this precise is going to be happy with rust dragging up and down.

It sounds like to me the valve controlling flow for the lift (one under the seat) is not opening up fully restricting the lowering. The pressure of the hyd oil from the pump is much more than the weight of your rake to push the arms down.

It has been said already but be careful with arms up with implement taking the knob totally out of that valve. Load could drop real fast with damage to it, tractor and YOU.
i just realized that valve probably is closed, when i pulled the fitting off the triangular key part was just sitting in the cup loose. So tightening it and loosening it isn't doing anything. probably have to try and tack it in place and see if that does the trick