Rear Remote to Ford 2600

/ Rear Remote to Ford 2600 #1  

dkidd

Tractor
Ford 4610
I would like to add a rear remote to my Ford 2600 to run a chipper with hydraulic feed or logsplitter and a hydraulic top link. The picture below shows what is currently installed.

First question can the valve shown work to direct flow to operate the chipper/logsplitter and the top link?

Second question what else do I need?

photo 1.jpg

Last edited:
   / Rear Remote to Ford 2600 #2  
What you have IS a remote valve. Someone has removed the hoses and couplers, then plugged the openings. You may have to do some "custom work",(find or make a bracket for couplers), find some fittings, couplers, and have some hoses made. The expensive part is there.

/ Rear Remote to Ford 2600
Thanks. But will the current valve switch flow to operate a top link cylinder in both direction. It states single acting so I assume not, but will this work with most top link cylinders.

/ Rear Remote to Ford 2600 #4  
Should be adjustable for either single or double acting cylinders as it already has 2 plugged ports. Start your tractor and move the lever one way. Listen for the relief valve whine. Move the lever in the opposite direction; you should hear the same noise. if you do, the valve is set for a double acting cylinder. If not, post back for further instruction or read your operator's manual to learn how to use the remote valve with different cylinder types.

/ Rear Remote to Ford 2600
Thanks Rick. Moved the lever each direction and heard the relief valve. I should be good to go.