Rear Remotes + 3rd Function Option

/ Rear Remotes + 3rd Function Option #11  
A diverter works great for 3rd function. Nothing is ever cheap when it comes to hydraulics, so get used to that, but if you pick your battles you can make decent use of your spending. The factory rear remotes will generally be very well-integrated and should be the "easy button" for those.

/ Rear Remotes + 3rd Function Option #12  
I wish I had another set of rear remotes. I have 2 sets and hate having to ditch/disconnect hydraulic top link When I use the offset ditch flail. Would like to have tilt. 4 rear remotes would be perfect.

/ Rear Remotes + 3rd Function Option #13  
I wish I had another set of rear remotes. I have 2 sets and hate having to ditch/disconnect hydraulic top link When I use the offset ditch flail. Would like to have tilt. 4 rear remotes would be perfect.
So add a double diverter. This takes care of the additional sets of couplers that you need.
A triple diverter is pictured on the tractor.
Controls for the diverters would be on the factory rear remote lever.
You would be able to control 3 separate functions without ever taking your hand from the control lever. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3298.JPG
    IMG_3298.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1469.JPG
    IMG_1469.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
   / Rear Remotes + 3rd Function Option #14  
The factory Branson rear remotes are decent, and a decent price. I use mine to run my top and tilt. Mine do not have float or detent, which is fine for my use with top and tilt. They hold position well so I don't think they leak as much as some valves.

I have a 3rd rear remote added by the dealer that is mounted on the fender. With the handle mounted pointing forwards it's pretty close to the joystick. I was going to operate a side shift flail with it but never got around to buying one. Instead I bought a grapple. I ran hoses from the 3rd remote to bulkhead fittings on the loader and plug the grapple into those. A joystick operated diverter or 3rd function buttons would be better. I just haven't gotten around to doing it.

I think for your situation I'd start with the Branson remotes and run the top and tilt off them. I would get a summit 3rd function kit for the grapple. It's a decent price for the parts and includes a high quality joystick knob with buttons.

I don't like switching hydraulic hoses all the time when I switch implements, which I do a lot, so I'd spend the extra $$ for a fender mounted two valve unit to operate the flail. You might be able to get a kit from my dealer, Dave's Tractor in Red Bluff CA. Or make one. With dedicated valves you can get some with float if the flail needs that.

You can chain all the valves in series. The lever operated valves will need power beyond ports and the solenoid valves for the 3rd function, don't need power beyond.

/ Rear Remotes + 3rd Function Option
I ordered and have received my Branson rear remotes and a hydraulic top link. Should be installing them this week if i can get a break in the weather. Still gotta order the hydraulic side link, but i'll do that as soon as i'm done installing what i current have. I'll add some Summit or WR Long spools in the future when it's time, but for now having top/tilt will be awesome for taking care of my road.