rear wheel spacing

/ rear wheel spacing #1  

ch1ch2

Veteran Member
Tractor
IH 584, NH TC33DA, NH TN95A
Is there a formula to determine the rear tire width you will have by having the inter wheel turned in or turned out and the width you will have with the outter wheel turned in or out?
I am thinking I can have 4 options depending on how the wheel is bolted together.
I have not been able to find any information on this.

/ rear wheel spacing #2  
If you look in your owner's manual it should tell you the options and exact widths you will end up with. Does with my kubota manual

/ rear wheel spacing
I did not get an owners manual for my used tractors.
Not sure one is available for my IH since tractor data says it came with 30 in wheels and it has 36 in wheels.

/ rear wheel spacing #4  
Ford manual has it.

If I remember:
1. Dish concave toward tractor, (in) mounted to outside of wheel anchor (6 each per wheel) with wheel anchor point farthest from tractor. This is the narrowest position.

2. The widest position is with the dish out, and mounted to the inside of the wheel anchor with the wheel anchor toward the tractor.

Combinations between these extremes are achieved with movement of the dish on one side or the other of the wheel anchor, combined with which direction the dish is turned combined. Between narrowest and widest you have a couple feet to play with as I recall.

Any time you flip a tire around to get a dimension, you have to swap sides with the wheels to keep the F1 tire tread pointed in the right direction.

/ rear wheel spacing #5  
I did not get an owners manual for my used tractors.
Not sure one is available for my IH since tractor data says it came with 30 in wheels and it has 36 in wheels.

That doesn't mean anything on TD listings. You can have 3 listings from the factory to start with then variations from there. Take my 6530 for one, the listing is 11.2x30 fronts, I have 18x 12.5 10 ply F1s, rears are listed as 14.9x30 and I have 16.9x28s

/ rear wheel spacing
Changing positions will be a lot of work. I do not want to do it a bunch of times.
Do you know if all the narrow sizes are with the dish inward, and all the wide sizes with the dish outward? Or, is there some overlapping sizes depending on the position of the outer rim?
Also, Is it worth it to change the tire direction on the wheel? Is it just 1inch difference or so?

I know there are some here that are real good with math. I know the inter-wheel and the outer-wheel widths very. I would think there would be a way for me to measure each wheel and figure out what I will get when I make a change.

/ rear wheel spacing #7  
You may need to order a manual for the tractor.

Found this on an image search, don't know what tractor, but it will give you an idea if your wheels are made the same way.

forum_4463.jpg

Wheel Spacings 555.jpg

/ rear wheel spacing
   / rear wheel spacing #9  
You may need to order a manual for the tractor.

Found this on an image search, don't know what tractor, but it will give you an idea if your wheels are made the same way.
ATTACH=CONFIG]504005[/ATTACH]

View attachment 504006

That's the Ford setup......that which I attempted to remember....didn't do too bad. Covers the 100 and 1000 series tractors.