Rear wheels binding

/ Rear wheels binding
I am going to try the ring and pinion I found on line and see if it works. Measurements seem to look right.
How difficult is it to remove the pinion gear? I did not look that close yet but curious what everyone thinks. The pinion looks to be in good shape so I may try it without replacing it but if it's easy to change out i may hook for it.
Waiting for parts now!

/ Rear wheels binding #62  
I remember removing it on the FX24D looked very complex and I opted against it. That has been 7 years ago. I would recommend bluing making sure you have good tooth contact all the way around.

Not related to the change out but unless the 265 has an internal over run clutch you definitely will need to install one. I am convinced lack of one might be a leading factor in the ring gear failures. Came to this knowledge through Tractor Ernie. He is a guru. Might not have happened in your case.

/ Rear wheels binding
I ordered the overrun with the ring gear! For $75 it seems like cheep insurance.

/ Rear wheels binding #64  
I remember removing it on the FX24D looked very complex and I opted against it. That has been 7 years ago. I would recommend bluing making sure you have good tooth contact all the way around.

Not related to the change out but unless the 265 has an internal over run clutch you definitely will need to install one. I am convinced lack of one might be a leading factor in the ring gear failures. Came to this knowledge through Tractor Ernie. He is a guru. Might not have happened in your case.

Winston, thank You for the complement, but I learned everything in the Yanmar school of hard knocks and busted knuckles.

There are no grey market Yanmars that have an internal overrunning clutch.
The closest thing to it is an FX model, but you still need to slip the O-R clutch on when using just a mower, the centrifugal force is to great from the blades for the tractor to handle.

These tractors were made for rototilling and running water pumps, combines ect.

Theres nothing finer than opening a container from Japan, aaaahhh the smell of that red metal.....
Man I miss that!

/ Rear wheels binding
Well the new ring gear was the wrong size. So I'm back to looking. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!