recent kubota owner

/ recent kubota owner #1  

oakwood

Tractor
kubota 7200
having aquired a B7200 recently, and thus far loving it, i have a question. when moving forward and i apply the brakes, the right side tire seems to lock up. this is regardless how easy i apply pressure to the pedal. just thought some of you more experienced tractor/kubota people would have an idea on this. thanks,,,oakwood

/ recent kubota owner
159 people have read this, if im understanding this system. im surprised no one has offered an idea or theory for my problem. it thought it might be a common type of problem on tractor brakes, being they are mechanical. i do know my brakes on my atv are cam actuated and am wondering if this is the same on my kubota. when the lining got low on my atv it allowed the cam to roll to near its apex of the arc, causing the brakes to lock and grab. i will tear it apart and report back in case anyone is interested.,,,oakwood

/ recent kubota owner #3  
Oakwood-Welcome to TBN. You would have gotten more responses if this would have been under "Kubota, Owning/Operating". My old Ferguson has cam brakes and it could be your problem as stated. There could also be grease on the shoes from the rearend seal leaking inside the hub. Let us know what you find out.

/ recent kubota owner #4  
Oakwood,

Don't get discouraged...I think you just asked a question which many who looked could not answer...

/ recent kubota owner #5  
First time I've read this. I beleive the b7200 should have wet brakes or ones like on the B7100. If you check the linkage for the brakes you should find an adjustment on the rod that goes to each back wheel. You may have to tighten one or back another off to get both brakes operating together. All the adjustment does is change the length of the brake rod.

Egon

/ recent kubota owner #6  
I have a B7200 doing the same thing. As soon as you touch the brakes ever so slightly the right rear locks up. I know these are wet brakes. Maybe low on fluid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.