Recommend a good maintenance and diagnostics manual for a Deere 5065E

/ Recommend a good maintenance and diagnostics manual for a Deere 5065E #1  

DanielP

Tractor
5065E
There are a few different companies that produce a repair and diagnostics manual for tractors and I was wondering if anyone would recommend the best one. APlus manuals seem to be high on the search page but not finding any good reviews.

Thanks.

/ Recommend a good maintenance and diagnostics manual for a Deere 5065E #2  
I used to be a John Deere heavy equipment tech. I also worked on other brands as well. Deere makes the best tech manuals out there IMHO.

Looked at the APlus manuals website. Looks like you really need to read carefully since they handle manuals for tractors from many countries. The description may say the manual is in english, but you need to be sure it is for the US version (or your country of residence) since the same model may be sold in several countries and each version is or may be somewhat different. For example, if your tractor has emissions equipment and you get a manual for a country that does not require the same emissions equipment, you would be out of luck using the manual to trouble shoot.

Happy hunting!!

/ Recommend a good maintenance and diagnostics manual for a Deere 5065E
From what I can tell Deere tech manuals are not available to the general public. I found the part number for it, but paying $275 for something on amazon or ebay with not much description seems a little risky when a $50 PDF might get me by. Technical Manual CD-ROM TM900019CD.

/ Recommend a good maintenance and diagnostics manual for a Deere 5065E #4  
From what I can tell Deere tech manuals are not available to the general public. I found the part number for it, but paying $275 for something on amazon or ebay with not much description seems a little risky when a $50 PDF might get me by. Technical Manual CD-ROM TM900019CD.

Search for Equipment Publications - Technical Information Store

You can. Search without the CD suffix. The CD option will populate when you make the selection.

/ Recommend a good maintenance and diagnostics manual for a Deere 5065E #5  
I'd suggest the OEM parts, owner's manual and or shop manuals.
They'd be specific as to brand/model vs a generic approach.
Might be a tad more pricy bit IMHO worth the extra.

/ Recommend a good maintenance and diagnostics manual for a Deere 5065E
Thanks for the link. Finding more about this convoluted PIN number (1PY 5065E ADB 011816). So for a 2013 1PY 5065E made in India, nothing on that page really lists a matching manual. The closest I have found is on the link below from A+Manuals that actually references the 1PY Pin number.
aplusmanual com/2297/john-deere-tractors-5050e-5055e-5060e-5065e-5075e-5210-5310-diagnostic-and-repair-service (Too new to post functional links)

/ Recommend a good maintenance and diagnostics manual for a Deere 5065E #7  
Thanks for the link. Finding more about this convoluted PIN number (1PY 5065E ADB 011816). So for a 2013 1PY 5065E made in India, nothing on that page really lists a matching manual. The closest I have found is on the link below from A+Manuals that actually references the 1PY Pin number.
aplusmanual com/2297/john-deere-tractors-5050e-5055e-5060e-5065e-5075e-5210-5310-diagnostic-and-repair-service (Too new to post functional links)

There is an 800 phone number on the Deere publications page, top left. Call them with your PIN number and get some guidance from the folks that built your tractor.
Or you can fly blind and buy a pirated copy from a third party supplier.

All I did was use the publication number that you supplied.

/ Recommend a good maintenance and diagnostics manual for a Deere 5065E #8  
Official Deere manuals may be pricey, but if it saves you one trip to the dealer service department, its paid for itself.

/ Recommend a good maintenance and diagnostics manual for a Deere 5065E #9  
I recommend this site, the manual is not very expensive heavymachineryequipment com