Recommended attachments for land clearing?

/ Recommended attachments for land clearing? #1  

Tollster

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, BX23
Tractor is a BX23, land is on a sloping knob with hardwoods, and pines, ground is moist with moderate slope, intermittent rocky ridge line, with shale type base, numerous large flat rocks projecting at various angles, ranging in size from 10 to 1500lbs.
I have the alternator upgrade and plan on additional lighting. Item I was considering are:
1: Broteck fan guard
http://www.bro-tek.biz/Bro-Tek_BX-M-R-MMM_Skid_Plate_instruction.pdf
2; Brotech Thumb
http://www.bro-tek.biz/BX-BH-TTL_Thumb_Instruction.pdf
3:Broteck ripper tooth
http://www.bro-tek.biz/BX-R-Tooth_Instruction.pdf
4: And possibly a Longs wear blade:
Wear Blades WB and IWB

Anyone have experience with any of these items, curious how the ripper would hold up? Tempered steel perhaps?
Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks,
Toll NEPA
3:

/ Recommended attachments for land clearing? #2  
I don't have any experience with the thumb or ripper tooth but do with the skid plates and tooth bar. I would suggest a W.R. Long flat toothbar Tooth Bars TB, STB, and ITB instead of the wear blade. The toothbar also acts as a wear blade but the teeth will give you added digging strength along with the teeth assisting in plucking out the rocks. I purchased mine from my Kubota dealer.

The Brotek rear skid plate is great. You may want to look into the front skid plate also for added protection.

If you haven't decided on which lights to get, take a look at BXpanded Work Lights.

/ Recommended attachments for land clearing? #3  
I lost an HST fan blade earlier this summer so this area is sensitive for me :mad:. I bought both the front and rear Bro-Tek skid plates. Highly recommend but I doubt the rear alone would be enough without modification. When mounted there is a front gap (covered by the front plate when installed) that would surely let another branch drive right into the fan. I'd not consider it alone. Of course you can order the rear plate alone and decide for yourself.

I have a mechanical tooth (another manufacture). It seems to work great but I'll warn you it's not as simple as it looks. Technique is critical. It's not just a matter of pinching a blade, but rather a pinch at the right point and angle. Still when it works it is great and I've lifted rocks that lifted my front tires completely off the ground. Had to find counter ballast or just turn around and scoop it with the bucket.

I also bought the Bro-tec tooth but haven't had an opportunity to use it yet. Good prices when you buy in his package deals. I bought #4 both plates and the ripper for $485 delivered.

/ Recommended attachments for land clearing? #4  
I sincerely hope that this helps. There is a forum on TBN that specifically includes discussion and advice in regards to land clearing. Good Luck.:):tractor:

/ Recommended attachments for land clearing? #5  
I concur with thavil on the toothbar instead of the wear bade!!!
And, skid plates a MUST!