Red Rules!!!

/ Red Rules!!!
Hi Thomas,
This '41 A is a 1-arm system /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif There's no electrical on it. It has magneto ignition, and is crank start. It was available with electric start, lights, and such. There's mounting ports for the starter, and bolt holes for a generator. I kind of like the crank start; very simple.

I have a new muffler on order. This one is totally incorrect for the tractor. It's a glass pack cherry bomb muffler/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif from a car. The new muffler will be correct for the tractor, including the flapper /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif For now, it is fun to watch the soup can fly up in the air when I fire her up! At the same time she gets a muffler, She'll get valves adjusted, point, rotor, cap, wires and such.

I am going to work on the tires and rims soon. The rims need some repair and paint. I want to get it all shiny for the Placerville christmas parade.

It is really fun to drive. sure is diferent than these new HST tractors!

Gosh, I really want a sickle bar mower, but they are hard to find in Calif.

Do you have a picture of your Farmall?

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Red Rules!!!
I was looking through my local tractor shop's TISCO catalog Saturday, WOW! It truly is amazing what you canget for Old Iron! Cranks, rebuild kits, manifolds, lights, switchs, radiators, the list goes on. The only thing I have found more things for is a Harley; You can build a aftermarket"Harley" complete from aftermarket parts.

they did build a lot of these. They seem to be really prevalent in the northeast for mowing these days.

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Red Rules!!! #13  
Robert,
Again she a beauty. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
If I ever get this scanner hook up /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I'll send a picture of our Farmall A.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Red Rules!!! #14  
Robert,
Your right about the Farmall A,for a lot of small farms around still use A tractor for mowing fields.

Not to many Super A round these parts,I guess the Ford 8n's&9n's plus the John Deere M to care of that. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Farmall was on to something good at that time,for in those nine years of production to turn out almost a quarter million units. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
Than came the Super A,and in eight years of productions to turn out over three hundred thousand. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Robert,if you don't have a service manual check out Jensales.
They have a website.

Have fun and be proud and /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif