Buying Advice Remote JD Dealer Has Better Price Than Local Dealer

/ Remote JD Dealer Has Better Price Than Local Dealer #11  
4 grand is a lot of cabbage. I don't think dealer relationship is worth nearly that much.

/ Remote JD Dealer Has Better Price Than Local Dealer #12  
I agree with the posters about saving the money. $4000.00 is a lot of difference. I think dealer loyalty is hogwash these days. Ive had my Deere over 15 years and have never been to the dealer except once to order a replacement part. Save the money.

/ Remote JD Dealer Has Better Price Than Local Dealer #13  
About to buy a new Deere 5085E and am a bit worried I may experience problems getting it serviced at the local JD dealer if I choose to buy it from a remote dealer who has a better price. My local dealer will not match the price and there is a difference of about $4000. Any of you have actual experience with this one way or the other?

Is the other dealer out of state, and if so is part or all of the $4000 difference because of tax? A local dealer can't do much about that. Just curious if this is an apples to apples comparison. Most dealers will price match if all else is equal. Of course there is always the case of a remote dealer having a unit come due on his floor plan or for whatever reason he wants to just get the unit off the lot. The buyer is lucky when he runs into that situation.

/ Remote JD Dealer Has Better Price Than Local Dealer #14  
Go for it, money is money. The dealer CAN match anything if they wanted to. Plenty of incentives from dms, rdms to help local dealers make those lost sales.

/ Remote JD Dealer Has Better Price Than Local Dealer
Thanks everyone. Local dealer with the intervention of the store manager matched the price so I am good to go.

/ Remote JD Dealer Has Better Price Than Local Dealer #16  
So you bought the E or the M? Glad local guy came around, makes life easier.

An M, although it does not appear to be a lot different. I can write it off on taxes since I am a farmer.

/ Remote JD Dealer Has Better Price Than Local Dealer #18  
I'd take the M over the E. I almost traded my 5085E for a 5085M. They look the same but are much different. Frame different, hyd 3 pt, standard features. Price is a lot different too.

Bushhog, Yes I think the M is good for me as it will be well used and although more expensive it a small difference when amortized over 10 years. I was sorry to read about your poor experience with your 5085E and glad you have found something else that will work for you. Its unfortunate this happens. I have a 5065E and have had a totally positive experience. It has worked hard for many hundreds of hours and other than grease, oil, and filters it has been bullet proof. It has good brakes and has not displayed the soft brake problem that others on the forum have referenced. It is just a wonderful machine. And as a bonus the little guy dynoed out at the PTO at 58 Horsepower, which is way more than Deere advertised. I could not be happier. I can go through hood-tall grass and weeds at 5 mph on Economy PTO with an MX8 (8' wide cutter). I think I will keep this forever as a 2nd purpose tractor. I am not sure if I was just lucky or not but Deere definitely hit a home run on it.