Removing fuel tank from John Deere 2305

/ Removing fuel tank from John Deere 2305 #1  

fbellamy

Tractor
John Deere 2305
During fueling my tractor the plastic hose came off the can and fell into the fuel tank. I have tried several times to fish it out without success. Has anyone tried to remove the fuel tank from this model or have any other suggestions on how to get it out. I thought it might be easier to remove the fuel pump but not sure if this is a good idea. Does anyone know how long the plastic hose can survive in the tank with Diesel without breaking down?

/ Removing fuel tank from John Deere 2305 #2  
Have you tried using a metal coat hanger, unbending it, then forming it into something that looks like needle-nose pliers?

I've used this technique for removing things from sink drains (as well as opening locked car doors).

/ Removing fuel tank from John Deere 2305
Thank you Don, fished for hours with a clothes hangar but never thought to firm in this shape. Will give it a try tonight.

Thanks,

Fred

/ Removing fuel tank from John Deere 2305 #4  
Mine has been in there over a year...causes a bit of fuel gauge fluctuations once in a while. There are a number of threads on tbn regarding this- I know because the day I got my tractor this happened- not sure if anyone has devised a sure way to fish it out- but I have not heard a concern for it being there either.

/ Removing fuel tank from John Deere 2305
This is great news. Thank you for the information.

/ Removing fuel tank from John Deere 2305 #6  
fbellamy said:
This is great news. Thank you for the information.

Agree, leave it there and buy another. Have fun
Legga

/ Removing fuel tank from John Deere 2305 #7  
Remember when there used to be a screen in fuel inlet to tank filter trash from getting inside. if so just lift out and clean the screen. maybe a good inventer could design such as this again.
On the hose problem run the tractor until fuel is low and hose partly exposed agree the coat hanger to catch if so form a u shaped end push into end of hose then slowly lift out.
has worked for me.
ken