Removing Old Iron injector pump - looking for advice.

/ Removing Old Iron injector pump - looking for advice.
View attachment 425489

This is how I do it. The wrench on the right was used to remove a nut on a similar situation such as you have on a Cummins.

Hey! That looks like my modified good ol western auto wrench, I'm a little bit skeptical it will work for assembly, but time will tell.

Thanks!

crows foot on long ext.

I thought so to, I'll have to see if I can locate a better set, the one I have looks more like a set used for brake lines etc., only about 1 flat open.

Thanks!

/ Removing Old Iron injector pump - looking for advice. #13  
70's JD 1020 Diesel, removing/rebuilding the injector pump.

My question is for those that work on equipment like this on a daily basis, how do you go about breaking the bottom nut loose, and, during reassembly get it re-tightened? There's ZERO working space.

Here's the nut in question:
View attachment 425433

Thank you,

Rip

From the looks of the assembly, the bolt on the other side is what should be used for removing and tightening that fastener.... Can you get to it? or is that a stud?

/ Removing Old Iron injector pump - looking for advice. #14  
From the looks of the assembly, the bolt on the other side is what should be used for removing and tightening that fastener.... Can you get to it? or is that a stud?

Read post #4.

/ Removing Old Iron injector pump - looking for advice. #15  
RippySkippy; Last evening I found what I believe I need is an 80 degree open end wrench like [URL="http://www.armstrongtools.com/armstrong-27-918-9-16-open-end-full-polish-15-and-80-miniature-angle-wrench.html" said:
this[/URL], or I could take my already spent 9/16 cut the head from the handle and weld it back together at about that angle.

Thank you!
For that price you can get a set from HF,they are very handy when working on hydraulic fittings
as well. Hope this helps.

Read post #4.

Sorry, I didn't fully answer post #4. What I can get to is a stud. There's a cover on the backside of the plate that is far more work to remove without knowing if it is a bolt or stud. I suspect it's a stud, since it didn't offer to break loose when removed.

For that price you can get a set from HF,they are very handy when working on hydraulic fittings
as well. Hope this helps.

I was just looking online, and didn't see any that small, only large wrenches. Have you seen them in the store? HF is not high up the list, but certainly would consider purchasing a set.

/ Removing Old Iron injector pump - looking for advice. #18  
Sorry, I didn't fully answer post #4. What I can get to is a stud. There's a cover on the backside of the plate that is far more work to remove without knowing if it is a bolt or stud. I suspect it's a stud, since it didn't offer to break loose when removed.

No problem. I was actually telling Pancho22 to read post #4, since I had already mentioned holding the nut and turning the bolt, (if that was the configuration).