Repeating hydro oil change numerous times...

/ Repeating hydro oil change numerous times... #1  

Jacey

Tractor
Ford 1210
Can I reuse brand new filter if I'm just repeating changes in order to eliminate all water in system? The filters are pretty pricey, and I intend to use a new one on the last change. I have thrown away the first filter before the changes. Thanks for any cleaning tips or other advice. I know in a perfect world we'd all use new filters everytime, but wondering if since all the water isn't eliminated anyway, how much difference it makes if I am changing the oil 3 or more times.

/ Repeating hydro oil change numerous times... #2  
No problem at all.

Just remove the filter and drain it when draining the sump. The small amount of oil clinging to the filter element won't slow down the clean up much at all.

/ Repeating hydro oil change numerous times... #3  
I once had a non functioning 3pt due to the suction pipe of the oil pump being frozen. Let the tractor run for half an hour with disengaged oil pump drive, then it worked again.
Changed the oil and let the oil just sit in a transparent can. I saw the oil and water segregated again and i poured most of the oil back into another jar, and used it as chainsaw lube.

If you let your oil just sit, the milk will segregate into water and oil over time, so you dont have to throw away all your new oil used for flushing.

/ Repeating hydro oil change numerous times... #4  
Once the fluid has been emulsified, it will take a long time, maybe never to separate the two fluids.

If you can drain the water before emulsion, they will separate over time.

The water will be on the bottom.

Water Contamination in Hydraulic and Lube Systems