Replace rims

/ Replace rims #1  

ahilley

Tractor
LS mt235e
I’m wanting to replace my front tires on my LS mt235e ag tires 7-14 with industrial 25-8.5- 14 tires Do I have to replace the rims or will the original rims work?

/ Replace rims #2  
Good Morning ahilley and welcome to TBN. There are a couple things to consider when changing tire type and rims.

First - if your tractor is 4 wheel drive. You want to be VERY SURE that the new tire has the same rolling circumference as the original tire. This will require some research. Rolling circumference is just that - what is the circumference of the tire when mounted on an appropriate rim and inflated.

Second - regarding rims. Sometimes you can use the same rim - sometime it will require new rims. Ask the tire dealer - he should know.

Wish my answer could be more helpful but - almost every situation is somewhat unique. Proceed with care and do your research.

/ Replace rims #3  
I’m wanting to replace my front tires on my LS mt235e ag tires 7-14 with industrial 25-8.5- 14 tires Do I have to replace the rims or will the original rims work?
I also have a LS, different model with 25 x 8.5 x 14 front tires. I may be replaceing mine soon. I agree that the tire circumference needs to be the same for a 4x4. It seems to me any 25 x 8.5 x 14 tire would have 25in diameter and would have the same approximate circumference. I know from stock car raceing the tires are not all exactley the same circumference, however they should be close enough. Wear on the rear tires may come into play however. I am no expert by any means. If some one else with more experiance could help out here it will be appreciated. Ahilley welcome!

/ Replace rims #4  
Says it will mount to a 7" wide rim:
25.8" OD 77.1" circumference

Example Carlisle Trac Chief: