replacement battery 3720

/ replacement battery 3720 #11  
Reviving this thread... My 3720 battery died, the dealer doesn't have one in stock.

It's listed as a group 22NF battery, others have said a 51R battery works and still others have said they bought either the Odyssey or Optima battery.

Does the 51R indeed work and what modifications did you have to do to use it?

Neither the Odyssey or Optima batteries have a 22NF battery. Which of these did you use, and what mods did you have to do for that battery?

I'm trying to decide whether another battery is convenient enough to use or whether I should just wait for the dealer to get one in stock, which is about 5 days.

thanks.

/ replacement battery 3720 #12  
Just check the dimensions, which side the + & - terminals are on, and CCA.
The 22NF (9 7/16 x 5 1/2 x 8 15/16)
is a little taller and longer than the 51R (LxWxH: 9.4 x 5.2 x 8.6 inches)

/ replacement battery 3720 #13  
Just check the dimensions, which side the + & - terminals are on, and CCA.
The 22NF (9 7/16 x 5 1/2 x 8 15/16)
is a little taller and longer than the 51R (LxWxH: 9.4 x 5.2 x 8.6 inches)

Thanks the CCA listed for the old battery is 500.

The 22NF also has a little plastic rail at the bottom that the JD bracket fits over to hold it down. I don't think the 51R has that. I guess the mod would be to put a longer bolt in the hole and clamping the battery at the top. The bots are easy enough, but will have to see how I can clamp it if I go that route.

If I'm going to make a bracket to hold it, maybe I'm better off with one of the premium AGM batteries.

Looking more and more like the best option might be to wait for a proper fitting JD battery.

/ replacement battery 3720 #14  
I have a 05 4320 that got recalled due to the battery acid a few months after I bought the tractor new. the replacement jd battery lasted me 14 years . I have had at least 2 cheap batteries I have put in since. but man who ever made the original 1s my hats off to them !!

/ replacement battery 3720 #15  
This is a good question and I think I have a good answer. I'd go with the largest Optima battery you can fit in the tray. They are more expensive than everything else and require a special charger if you need to juice them off of the tractor, but they are nothing short of awesome. I put 2 of the blue tops in my boat in 2009 and they are still performing up to specs. I've since put them in my Simplicity lawn mower, Ram 1500, Dodge Journey, Massey Ferguson and now the 3720. I'm an old man and I've used a great many batteries, but never one as good as these. Go to their webite and check out the specs. Thank me later...

/ replacement battery 3720 #16  
I get along just fine with the JD replacement battery from my Deere dealer. But whatever trips your trigger.

/ replacement battery 3720 #17  
I’ve always ran a Napa battery in all 7 of my JD I’ve owned.
Fit perfect & lasted fine.

OEM are fine too.

/ replacement battery 3720 #18  
I have a 05 4320 that got recalled due to the battery acid a few months after I bought the tractor new. the replacement jd battery lasted me 14 years . I have had at least 2 cheap batteries I have put in since. but man who ever made the original 1s my hats off to them !!
I just replaced the original battery in my JD 320D skid loader…It is a 2010!

/ replacement battery 3720
I just replaced the original battery in my JD 320D skid loader…It is a 2010!
I just saw this and for closure I finally, this winter, had the dreaded click again and even though i got it started and it would start when it wasn't really cold I took it as a sign and replaced. Since I got 12 years on the original i just replaced with 1 form my dealer.