Replacement Windshield For Toolcat 5600

/ Replacement Windshield For Toolcat 5600 #1  

kupiad

I was doing some light demolition clean up work around the farm tonight (taking a small barn down). A board shifted and went through the windshield shattering it. Fortunately no one was hurt, but I'm afraid to find out what a new windshield might cost? The machine is an older A series unit, but still runs very well and is used quite a bit around the farm. I'm wondering if a local auto windshield shop would be able to obtain a new windshield or at least install a new one in the Toolcat. Anyone out there ever had to replace a windshield on a Toolcat before. Thanks.

/ Replacement Windshield For Toolcat 5600 #2  
I was doing some light demolition clean up work around the farm tonight (taking a small barn down). A board shifted and went through the windshield shattering it. Fortunately no one was hurt, but I'm afraid to find out what a new windshield might cost? The machine is an older A series unit, but still runs very well and is used quite a bit around the farm. I'm wondering if a local auto windshield shop would be able to obtain a new windshield or at least install a new one in the Toolcat. Anyone out there ever had to replace a windshield on a Toolcat before. Thanks.

Local auto place could install one. Not difficult from technical standpoint on the TC. The curved front glass in my JD CUT broke last year when hauling it. Hit by a rock is my guess. Glass shop could not order the windshield because it is basically one of a kind from JD. The windshield was about $750. Labor was about $400-500 if I remember right. You can ask, but you will probably need to order it from Bobcat. If Bobcat dealer installs it, then the dealer is responsible for fit, accidental breakage etc. If glass shop installs it, then bobcat dealer probably won't be too helpful if there are issues. The windshield on a TC however is much easier to access, remove and install than my JD.
If I broke the flat glass on a TC (rear of cab, door), then I would not have any issues have a glass company installing a replacement and it would be much cheaper. Flat, glass can be cut to whatever you need.

/ Replacement Windshield For Toolcat 5600 #3  
Seems I recall a post on this forum quite awhile back about this very issue. Might want to search on it if you haven't yet.

/ Replacement Windshield For Toolcat 5600
I looked quick, but didn't see anything specific on the topic, unless I missed something.

/ Replacement Windshield For Toolcat 5600 #5  
I lost a windshield on my 5600 - what a mess. Glass pieces everywhere.

I had an auto glass place put in another one. I do not remember the specifics, but it was between $1,000 and $2,000. They had to special order and do quite a bit of prep.

I liked not having a windshield, but the girlfriend did not like getting cold in Winter.

Yooper Dave

/ Replacement Windshield For Toolcat 5600 #6  
I have broken three bad luck I guess but their about 400 at the Bobcat dealer, I have been using a 1/4 plexiglass one that I formed its alot cheaper, got tired of the 400 a pop.

/ Replacement Windshield For Toolcat 5600 #7  
Does someone have the part number for the windshield? We've lost ours and want to make sure we're ordering the right one.

/ Replacement Windshield For Toolcat 5600 #8  
Does someone have the part number for the windshield? We've lost ours and want to make sure we're ordering the right one.
We don't know what year your toolcat is. You should check on the web site by putting in your serial/model number. The very early ones use a different part number than the later ones. Just a quick look showed 6813619 for an early solid axle model and 7116155 for newer toolcats. Use the parts look-up:

Bobcat Parts Catalog - Find Diagrams for Your Equipment - Bobcat Company

/ Replacement Windshield For Toolcat 5600 #9  
I have broken three bad luck I guess but their about 400 at the Bobcat dealer, I have been using a 1/4 plexiglass one that I formed its alot cheaper, got tired of the 400 a pop.
How did you form on your own? I am breaking over and over again as well. Very interested.

Yooper Dave

/ Replacement Windshield For Toolcat 5600 #10  
The Bobcat page seems to show several windshields for the 5600 for $523 to $751 depending on SN.

Making Plexiglass would be an option (although Bobcat doesn't list it for that model).