Loader replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed?

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #11  
I think I could disagree on this. I tried this today and it didn't work. Can you personally contact me, see if you can help me over the phone? I have a JD 790 front loader bucket.

Glenn this post is from several years ago. 2012 and 2014.
A new post in the hydraulics section with a bit more of a description of your problem may get more responses.
Good luck

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #12  
When raising/lowering the loader or dumping/curling hold the control lever for a few extra seconds at each end of the stroke to force the air out until you hear the valve go over relief. You will only need to do it 2 or 3 times to bleed the lines.

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #13  
For sure hydraulic lines should self purge by simply working the levers to raise lower etc. IF it isn't working, you have another problem besides air in the lines.

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #14  
I have and IH 244 with a loader. The loader works but is slow. Some of the lines do leak but before i replace them i want to make sure nothing major is broken. How to i check the hydraulic fluid level in my tractor as well? Does anyone know where i can buy a hydraulic filter for my tractor? I'm knew to diesels and hydraulics, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

I dont know it those older tractors had filters on the hydraulic or if they only had a strainer. If it is slow to operate, the first thing I would check it to see it the filters/screens are stopped up. Slow to operate is not a symptom of air in the line as much as lack of flow in the system.

/ replacing hydraulic lines - how to bleed? #15  
I think I could disagree on this. I tried this today and it didn't work. Can you personally contact me, see if you can help me over the phone? I have a JD 790 front loader bucket.

Actually I was wrong, it was my comprehension line that popped out. All I did was put it back in and it worked like new.