Replacing my Montana 3840

/ Replacing my Montana 3840 #11  
I would recomend the NH, Boomer series if you are looking for a cab. They are the largest cabs in the industry, right now they have 0% 60 month or .9% 72 months financing, dont require any down payment W.A.C and they new CVT transmission, which is taking palce of the hydro trans is a great new thing

/ Replacing my Montana 3840 #12  
I am looking for a new tractor, I would like to get away from the montana, LS line of tractors and go with something more mainstream. I have a **** of a time getting to a dealer.

Regardless of the color tractor that you buy, as you noted, dealer support is the most important part in buying a tractor. Every brand breaks down, or we break something on it. If you can't get parts for it, or have it fixed, it doesn't matter what you paid for it, it's junk until you get it fixed.

The first thing you need to do is go visit your local dealers. Make it a point to go to all of them. A big mistake people make is to go to one, like what you see and never check out the others. If you make a firm decision to visit all of them, then you'll have a different opinion compared to just visiting one.

There is no best brand out there. All of them know what the other brands know, and they all know how to build tractors. It's not very complicated. What you are buying is the level of quality that you want, which means more money, and the level of support that you are willing to live with, which also costs more money.

As for your current tractor, selling it first on your own will always give you the most return. No dealer wants to give you what it's worth, because they know that they will have to sit on it for awhile and then make a profit on it when it does sell. Having it take up space on their lot costs them money, paying you for it, or crediting you the price of it towards a new tractor will use capital that they could use towards other, more profitable means. Trade ins are money losers for most dealers, and as a result, they don't want to put very much, if any money into a trade in.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ Replacing my Montana 3840 #13  
jdbnh- that's some good info and that's where the OP may need to narrow down his choices. If the cab is a priority then a search for tractors that can have a backhoe with cab will help decide which brand and model.