Replacing Oil Pan on Ford 3930

/ Replacing Oil Pan on Ford 3930 #1  

JD5210

Veteran Member
Tractor
5210 MFWD
I was over at a friends today that has a 1999 2WD Ford 3930 and he needs to replace the oil pan because he hit a stump.

He was told the pan was $248 and the gasket is $40. My knowledge of Fords is very limited, but is the part he needs? If wrong can you point me in the correct direction?

Amazon.com : Oil Pan For Ford New Holland Tractor - 81822143 C9Nn6675A 81874150 : Patio, Lawn & Garden

On removing the oil pan, I did a search and found this comment on how to replace the pan - front end to the motor and replace the top two with some longer bolts and undo the hood and role forward it is easy I looked at the tractor and it does look like 2 hydraulic lines for steering on the front axle need to be disconnect.

Is this the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Last edited:
   / Replacing Oil Pan on Ford 3930 #2  
That is the pan and gasket you need. D B Electrical is a good company to deal with too.
Since it is a tin oil pan and not cast, you should be able to drop it without moving the front bolster forward.

/ Replacing Oil Pan on Ford 3930
Thanks for the response.

/ Replacing Oil Pan on Ford 3930 #4  
A long time ago I put a nasty gouge in the pan of a 2000. The price of a replacement was staggering. I banged it back into as close to original shape as possible, welded it, and I'm a lousy welder, and tried it out. I did not expect it to hold. I knew I could always buy a new one if it didn't hold, but I sold the tractor a thousand hours later and the patch was still going strong

Last edited: