Restoring a 1964 case 430

/ Restoring a 1964 case 430 #1  

Case430

Tractor
Case 430
I have a 1964 case 430 tractor I have been using on our property for the past 4 years. It has worked great but it is in need of some work. The clutch needs to be replaced, the hydraulics are leaking and the 3 point is getting a bit weak and in need of some work.

Does anyone have any experience with Old case tractors and I need some tips on where to get parts for it.

Thanks

PC

/ Restoring a 1964 case 430 #2  
I have got many parts for my Sc from Steiner Tractor Parts.

Yesterdays tractor and tractorpart.com have a pretty good selection of parts too.

Can we see some pictures of your tractor?

/ Restoring a 1964 case 430
It is in pretty rough shapeand is missing some of the tin now. Do you know if Steiner can get the missing parts or would it be best to look on Ebay?

036.jpg

/ Restoring a 1964 case 430 #4  
Here is a link to TractorHouse, http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/dismantledsearch.aspx?ETID=3&Manu=J+I+CASE&Mdltxt=430&mdlx=exact with a list of 17, 430 at various salvage dealers. Some have pictures, so you may see something on one you may need.

Case/IH probably still handles many parts for it, depending on what you need. If you want aftermarket, you need to find the part number, then do a search on a search engine. Google gets best results for me. If you're not sure what the part number is, you can always go to Case/IH online, and find part numbers there to search with.

Here is a link to Messicks: Case IH Parts - Best online catalog, pricing and service. and I've already got it to the tractors with model numbers containing "430". Since I'm not sure which particular Case 430 it is ( there are several, and you need to know your serial number) scroll down about half way, and select which model is yours. Click on it, and a page should come up with various components of your tractor. Select that component, and an exploded view will appear, and to the right the part numbers. You can either write it down and search, or click on that particular part, and another page will appear with the part number. On that page, you can copy, and then paste to a search engine. Sounds confusing, but once you learn to navigate the process, it's a piece of cake to look up aftermarket parts. Plus, Messicks gives the price of the part to compare with AM parts, and it is the same at all dealers, or at least has been with everything I've gotten through Case/IH.

/ Restoring a 1964 case 430
Thank you very much. I will give it a try.

One problem I have the tin that has the serial number on it is missing. Do you know if it would be located anywhere else on the tractor?

/ Restoring a 1964 case 430 #6  
Try the engine for a number. Should be around the bell housing, 7 digits long.