Retractable Seat Belt

/ Retractable Seat Belt
There are so many different brands of nearly everything nowadays, I don't even try to keep up with all of them. I don't recall ever hearing of a Quincy compressor.

Bird

/ Retractable Seat Belt #12  
How long are the oil type compressors suppossed to last? I bought mine almost 20 years ago from Sears. It is a two wheel model with about 7 gallon tank. Puts out about 100 psi at 3scfm or 5 scfm at 70 psi. Noticed that the inside of the tank is very rusty and the foam air cleaner pieces are GONE completely. Mine has built two house and been used pretty hard for twenty years. Still has the original oil in it. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ Retractable Seat Belt
I don't know how long one will last, Wen, but I'm pretty sure it'll be different for each individual, depending on how much it's used and how it's maintained. I'd say you've gotten your money's worth out of that one, and I'm afraid very few folks change the oil like they're supposed to, but if does seem as if you may have gone just a little bit to the extreme. I think I'll keep changing mine at least once a year./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Retractable Seat Belt #14  
Wen,
I have a large compresser (60 gal. tank, 2 stage) that is dated 1955. I have put a new motor on it about 15 years ago, but other than changing the oil every year that is it. I figure this one will last me untill I have no use for it. It was removed from an old service station that my family owned at one time and them was used in my auto restoration businss and now is semi-retired to the little use in my shop. I still use it just about every day, but not for the long stretches that I used to.
Von