Rhino FR15 batwing

/ Rhino FR15 batwing #1  

jcummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, F3680, Mule Pro Fxt
I've been looking for a batwing for some time, but really didn't have the money. This year I decided to make a definite effort to locate one, money still being an object, and started searching quite a bit. From reading, I wanted a Bush Hog 2615/2715....but try as I may, just could not find one in my price range. Finally came across a Rhino FR15 that was in reasonable distance from me. Looked at it today, and was impressed with the build of it. Seems robust. It does have paint peel in places...but the metal is solid, and feel that can be corrected.....if I'm inclined to do so. BUT, having said that, I can't find much information on them. Seems SE15s are mentioned a lot, but not FR15. Anyway I bought it. Feel pretty happy at this point with the buy considering what I paid.

What can everyone tell me about this mower the good/bad and what to watch out for.

/ Rhino FR15 batwing
No one familiar with this mower? Did I buy an odd ball mower?

/ Rhino FR15 batwing #3  
I don't have one, but I used to work for Rhino many, many years ago. The FR15 is a descendant of the original old Flex 15 mower, which was a real workhorse of a mower. The FR15, from what I've seen of them, appear to be very well built, and should last you many years if properly cared for.