Buying Advice ride on small tractor

/ ride on small tractor #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
gravelman here...im looking at a ride on tractor with bucket and lawn mower... how does JD compare with Kubota...im looking at a JD 1023 E with 120 R loader. would like to convert to quick attach hitch also. It looks like that drive over mower is very easy to use etc. Just wondering what all you have to say out there. thanks

/ ride on small tractor #2  
My Dad has a JD with drive over mower, loves it. Says it couldn't be easier to hook up and use.

/ ride on small tractor
ok, do you happen to know the model of his JD?? thanks very much

/ ride on small tractor
i also wish JD would put a cab on this tractor with AC all it has is heat. AC is crucial in dry hot weather. My Kubota 2650 has heat and AC JD is missing the boat

/ ride on small tractor #5  
My 2025R comes with a driveover mower deck install like on the 1025E/R. I don't recommend the 1025. Had one, and it was a lemon. Had a 4010 before it, which is like a 2025E with only 18.5 hp, and now the 2025R. Both have been troublefree. All kinds of problems with the 1025R. The 2025R isn't any better riding. Actually the seat on the 1025R and its gentle PTO startup were about its only good points.

Cannot say how the ride is on Kubotas. Never tried one long enough to figure that out.

Ralph

/ ride on small tractor
Ok great advice..thank you....my only hang up is the lack of AC....i have to have it... and all JD has is heat. Last week with the temps so high....having the doors off is not near enough. I have a Kubota 2650 with cab, and AC

/ ride on small tractor #7  
Go try them out, we have a 1025R and the springs on the ride over deck kept getting loose lost, so re ran pins in it as we never take the deck off. We also have a BX2200 and BX2660, the BX2660 is more comfortable to everyone who has used them.

We bought the 1025R because a fuel tank fell on on our 2305 and our dealer offered a trade for the same price as parts, 2305 had hydraulic problems and had blown an engine. I was kind of disappointed because the JD has more features.

/ ride on small tractor
wowza...thanks, i will check this out for sure.

/ ride on small tractor #10  
My dad's is a 1025, fel, bh. He says he can do the mower hook up from the seat, doesn't have to get off.