3-Point Hitch Ripper Claw Suggestions?

/ Ripper Claw Suggestions?
To answer some of the above - no I can't drive over the entire pile. but I can back up to it and engage with the box blade. I think what I'll try is a fabricated double claw I can bolt on to the box that is longer than the stock rippers. Even though i have to pay for some welding it'll cost less than a new implement and I can utilize the box blade weight - which I may add too somehow. it simply is length of claw and weight. thanks for the ideas. Yes a bigger tractor would help - but my gates and house yard obstacle sizes preclude that.

/ Ripper Claw Suggestions? #12  
Maybe rent a mini X for the weekend and cleanup all your piles. Would make QUICK work of something like that and can use the BX to haul everything off after tearing it out with a Mini...

/ Ripper Claw Suggestions? #13  
How about something like this from Bro-Tek?

IMG_2518.JPG

/ Ripper Claw Suggestions? #14  
Small tractor requires a little out of the box thinking. Making the rip teeth on the box blade is a great idea along with the extra weight added. Also how you approach the pile is important. You can not approach the pile straight on. Instead cut to the pile with one corner of the bucket. Then back up and use the other corner. Empty and repeat after ripping into the pile with the box blade. The tractor is to light just to plow into the straight ahead. Might have to back into the pile at an angle with the box blade and then at a different angle to form a ridge that you could scoop.

/ Ripper Claw Suggestions? #15  
I don't think those box blade replacement scarfiers are expensive. Buy two, cut the shank off one and butt weld it to the shank on the intact one to extend the length.

For deep digging on mine, I tilt the box way forward so the scarfiers stick down more. With a custom scarfier,
you could butt weld it at an angle so it's more vertical when the box is tilted.

Attachments

• A09971B5-02EB-44F3-AB75-8F06A39FDB3F.jpeg
    A09971B5-02EB-44F3-AB75-8F06A39FDB3F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 93
   / Ripper Claw Suggestions? #16  
I think that if you have the QA front bucket, you could get a skeleton bucket and have that cleaned up fairly quick. I have on for my tractor and like it. All the big stuff goes in the bucket dirt falls out.

We had a flood that left huge piles of rock where dirt used to be. A rock bucket is what I used. I tried several before I found one that worked well. The skeleton or "rock bucket" has long tines that slide easily into the rock pile. Then you lift and toss the bucket to leave the dirt behind.

Contrary to what you may think, you don't want to get too wide of a bucket and must learn to take small bites with the tip of the bucket and and then tilt it up to allow the dirt to fall through the tines more easily as the rocks roll back in the bucket. With skeleton rock buckets, going slower with small bites is actually the fastest way to get a bucket full of sorted rocks. It's a case of slower being faster.

I ended up with several of those QA skeleton front buckets. Here's a picture of my favorite one. The longish rounded tines and that hump towards the front of the tines are both important features. Open Spacing between the tines is about 2.5 inches.
rScotty

Attachments

• bradco-skid-steer-rock-bucket.jpg
    bradco-skid-steer-rock-bucket.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 88
   / Ripper Claw Suggestions? #17  
The ripper idea would work fine with a larger tractor. With the BX using the bucket will work best. Just takes time. You have to start by digging underneath the junk and just keep working forward a bit at a time.