ROPS Mounted Umbrella Modification

/ ROPS Mounted Umbrella Modification #1  

liledoun

Tractor
JD 4300
I got one of the JD ROPS umbrellas for my JD 4300 but found the mounting bracket far too big and a real limb catcher when the umbrella was off the bracket.

I made a new mounting for the ROPS that is much smaller, lower and is not in the way when the umbrella is removed.

I didn't get around to posting this until after I bent both the umbrella and bracket on tree limbs. I will straighten it all out later but I took the pictures anyway. It really works better that the big JD bracket. I posted pictures of the brackets and other photos at: Photos

Jim

Attachments

• 322989-Umbsde1.jpg
    322989-Umbsde1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 332
   / ROPS Mounted Umbrella Modification #2  
Jim-

I have been thinking about getting one of those umbrellas for my 4310 and was wondering how you like yours? Is it sturdy and quiet, or is it flimsy and rattles around? If you don't mind saying, what does that umbrella cost? I don't have any trees on my property (that I drive around) so I think the umbrella would be a better choice than a hard top.

Dano

/ ROPS Mounted Umbrella Modification
Dano,

The umbrella is very sturdy, and does not move in the bracket. It is heavy enough to resist any rattles. I really like the umbrella. I did get a local guy to make me a reinforced vinyl cover to replace the standard canvas JD cover. I just wanted to save the JD cover for show and not rest ripping it on a limb.

JD sells the umbrella for about $100. HIGH but it has John Deere on it so what else can I say.

The umbrella is very easy to remove when I don't want to have it on or have to negotiate low spaces, trees, etc.

Surch the web for tractor umbrellas and you will find all the generic manufactruers with parts, covers, etc. JD just buys from them and resells at their price with their logo.

Jim