route 66 tires

/ route 66 tires #1  

terryknight

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5055E,Kubota B2650
Has anyone ever heard of them? Supposedly they have been around since 2011. Does anyone have any experience with them, good or bad? I just found out about the today while looking for new tires. they offer a trailer tire in 235/85-16 load range G which would be perfect for the GN. it needs at least 2 new tires, so why not four?

link

Home

http://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20110401/NEWS/304019983/route-66-tire-debuts-payload-str-tires

ebay link to tires

New Tires 235 85 16 Route 66 Payload All Season LT235 85R16" 14 Ply 1st Line | eBay

/ route 66 tires #2  
They are made in China, so I would expect them to last at least 3 or 4 years. :thumbdown:

I just put a set of Goodyear G614, load range G, on the horse trailer. Was surprised to see Made in USA on them! :thumbsup:

/ route 66 tires #3  
They are made in China, so I would expect them to last at least 3 or 4 years. :thumbdown:

I just put a set of Goodyear G614, load range G, on the horse trailer. Was surprised to see Made in USA on them! :thumbsup:

Hope they are better than the 2 set of Goodyear Marathon tires I had the ill fortune of owning. They were junk. My car haul trailer came with 205/75/15 LRC. 3 developed bubbles on the side walls after 3 years and broke belts.

My boat came with 225/75/15 LRD. 2 lost tread in 2 years.

I put Greenballs on both trailers. Car haul trailer is on year 5 and boat on year 4.

Only worse trailer tires I have dealt with are Carlisle tires.

Chris

/ route 66 tires
yeah carlisle... had a great experience with them.....:thumbdown:

with the price of goodyears what they are, i think i'll stick with running LT tires.

though those greenball tires may require more looking at