RPMS DROPPING OUT

/ RPMS DROPPING OUT #1  

Cleon cole

Tractor
2007 kioti DK40SE
I wrote a thread early today but forgot to add. When I first start bush hogging all goes well for about the first hour than the temperature starts going up than the RPMS start fluctuating and bogging down and if I let off acceleration and keep the throttle running at bush hogging rpms it quits and if I shut the pto off the temperature will come back down but as soon as start the prto the same things happens.

/ RPMS DROPPING OUT #2  
Check radiator screen for plugging from chaff? Sounds like an overheat concern under load at low ground speeds. Gently blow or wash out radiator and screen to make sure proper airflow. That's where I would start.

/ RPMS DROPPING OUT #3  
Blow or rinse the radiator from the back to the front to force out stuff which may be caught. Rinsing from front to back is easier but you risk jamming things more tightly. Also, check your coolant level when the engine and radiator are cold. You could be losing coolant - another potential source of overheating.

/ RPMS DROPPING OUT #4  
As RustyA wrote also check air filter.

/ RPMS DROPPING OUT #5  
Also check the mower. Make sure there is nothing wrapped around the blade shaft, and that it turns freely when you turn the driveshaft.