RTA (ready to assemble) Cabinets Any experience?

/ RTA (ready to assemble) Cabinets Any experience? #11  
barkercabinets.com

We used Barker RTA cabinets in our kitchen and master bathroom. Widths in 1/4" increments. Plywood boxes. Dovetail drawers. Blum hardware. Very pleased with them.

/ RTA (ready to assemble) Cabinets Any experience? #12  
I have installed some of the Home Depot cabinets with oak facing and doors. They are fine. But the problem is finding the correct size combination of units to fit your kitchen layout.
That's why you buy some wood to add onto sides of fronts to adjust to fit area. I have put them in many kitchens and have never had a problem.

/ RTA (ready to assemble) Cabinets Any experience? #13  
Many different brands out there. Looking for anyone that has had experience with them. They are our only option at this time as custom built are WAY out of our price range. Thanks.

When my wife and I were first married (late 90’s), we had little money and bought our first home. Friends of mine who owned a lumber company offered me ready to assemble cabinets for dirt cheap. I mean it was like 25 cabinets for about $2500. I am a carpenter, so it wasn’t too bad, but I thought at the time they would be difficult for an amateur to assemble. That was the only one I did.
I have installed probably 100 kitchens where the cabinets came assembled & finished.

Maybe they have become easier to assemble.

/ RTA (ready to assemble) Cabinets Any experience? #14  
We did the IKEA ones 15 years ago, and a friend just put them in his $700+k house to save a few 10's of thousands, and they look like an expensive kitchen to me. They were easy to assemble, good adjustable hardware, and we got solid birch doors, which are a touch thin is my only complaint really. The finish, hardware, everything has held up pretty well for 15 years.
They also have a good metal rail system for the upper cabinets which makes them all aligned and easy to hang. Even if you don't use IKEA, they have a good online kitchen design software for you to have a look at your ideas.

/ RTA (ready to assemble) Cabinets Any experience? #15  
In the cabinet business RTA doesn't mean IKEA-style particle board cabinets that screw together with camlock fittings. There are manufacturers that make cabinets for cabinet shops, who assemble them and install them. They also sell straight to the public. There are lots and lots of these manufacturers. Assembling these cabinets is like doing one third of the work of making your own -- you don't have to cut them or finish them, but you have to clamp and glue them.

I've done two projects with these kinds of cabinets. One was a simple kitchen, nine cabinets, six base and three wall, all stock sizes and colors, it was about $2300. At the other extreme I did a project that was 56 cabinets, a kitchen and three bathrooms, every cabinet was a custom size and a custom finish, that was about $44,000. On both projects for that money I got solid wood faces, plywood cabinets, solid wood drawers with dovetail joints and full extension slides.

Assembly is pretty straightforward. The pieces are precisely cut with dado joints and you glue them together. Hidden sides can be held together with a pneumatic stapler, sides that show need to be clamped until the glue dries.

I don't buy cabinets enough to know how the price compares. What I like about RTA is that they fit much better into my workflow. Cabinets are big and bulky and they're a pain to transport and store. I often work alone and it can take me a while to get them all installed, with RTA it's easier to set them out of the way and assemble them as I'm ready to install them. With a big bath double vanity it's much easier to carry the pieces up into the bathroom and assemble it there than to get the assembled cabinet up the stairs by myself.

/ RTA (ready to assemble) Cabinets Any experience? #16  
I used this outfit for a couple of base units to make an Island for our kitchen.
They assembled quite well there was no gluing required screws only.
They seem to be decent cabinets. I got a full kitchen of custom cabinets which is in the
process of getting installed at this time.
The quality of the RTA and the Custom are comparable the customs are a touch better built.
RTA Kitchen Cabinets | Ready to Assemble Kitchen Cabinets | RTA Cabinet Store