Tiller Rural King Country Way Tiller Opinions

/ Rural King Country Way Tiller Opinions #11  
Here is a photo of the Country Way and the KK side by side. It sure looks to me like the CW is an almost exact copy of the KK, now that is not saying that material quality is anywhere close to the same, but it appears they look almost identical. View attachment 651243

It looks like a cheap knock off, with much narrower tines. The footnote on the RK site says "Brand may vary" for the Country Way, so I'm guessing they slap the name on a variety of lower grade tillers based on availability. I haven't had an implement with the slip clutch on the tractor side of the PTO shaft like they show in their picture.

/ Rural King Country Way Tiller Opinions #12  
I've seen some dead KK tillers with the side gears stripped out, I sure wouldn't want anything lighter built that a KK!

SR

Was the gear oil properly maintained in the King Kutters?

/ Rural King Country Way Tiller Opinions #13  
Here is a photo of the Country Way and the KK side by side. It sure looks to me like the CW is an almost exact copy of the KK, now that is not saying that material quality is anywhere close to the same, but it appears they look almost identical. View attachment 651243

In the comparison photos I see some seemingly subtle differences.
I would bet that in terms of durability, they are VERY different.
If you can compare them in person, I think you will find steel thickness to be a significant issue, and maybe gearbox construction as well.
Tillers try to beat themselves up when tilling, and el-cheapo tillers can beat themselves up rapidly.

Last edited:
   / Rural King Country Way Tiller Opinions #14  
Was the gear oil properly maintained in the King Kutters?
The guy that owned them said he kept them maintained properly, and I do know the guy, I don't think he would lie about it. All the other equipment I saw there looked like it was taken care of. He was doing his own fields, and yes he had stones...

He finally decided it was cheaper to pay me to come do his tilling for him.

SR

/ Rural King Country Way Tiller Opinions #15  
The guy that owned them said he kept them maintained properly, and I do know the guy, I don't think he would lie about it. All the other equipment I saw there looked like it was taken care of. He was doing his own fields, and yes he had stones...

He finally decided it was cheaper to pay me to come do his tilling for him.

SR

That is a good option.
I am not sure that there is anyone within 50 miles of me who would do custom tilling.

/ Rural King Country Way Tiller Opinions #16  
That is a good option. I am not sure that there is anyone within 50 miles of me who would do custom tilling.
I liked that option too! lol

I thanked KK as I drove by them!
orig.gif

SR

/ Rural King Country Way Tiller Opinions #17  

From what I can determine, Sigma Power Products is in Hialeah, Florida.
I am not aware of any actual tiller mfg. in South Florida.
It would seem to me, that the tiller you are considering, is likely shipped in to the port of Miami from China, and probably is a very low end import unit.

Maybe made in Wuhan. Wuhan is is a heavy industry city in China.
If made in China, the Sigma tillers may even include free Covid-19 spores.
Could be made in Italy also......and with same free Covid-19.

/ Rural King Country Way Tiller Opinions #18  
The CW tillers come through Tarter. The CW & KK are CHINESE manufactured. There are 3 generations of the same tiller coming from China. The ones pictures are the Gen 2. The Gen 3 tillers have a stamped end cover over the side gearbox.

/ Rural King Country Way Tiller Opinions #19  
From what I can determine, Sigma Power Products is in Hialeah, Florida.
I am not aware of any actual tiller mfg. in South Florida.
It would seem to me, that the tiller you are considering, is likely shipped in to the port of Miami from China, and probably is a very low end import unit.

Maybe made in Wuhan. Wuhan is is a heavy industry city in China.
If made in China, the Sigma tillers may even include free Covid-19 spores.
Could be made in Italy also......and with same free Covid-19.
Sicma tiller is an Italian product. Sicma SPA