Rural Mail Boxes

/ Rural Mail Boxes #21  
Several years ago I knew a older gentleman who had a great solution for protecting mail boxes. Basically, he drove the 1st pipe into the ground and mounted his mail box on the 2nd post which was small enough to inserted into the first pipe. Then every morning he would get his carry his mail box out to the street and install it and in evening when he picked up his mail he would also pick up his mail box and and carry it back to his house. He said some days he miss putting the mail box out and he'd get no mail, but the mailman knew the deal so just saved the mail until the mailbox was in place. Worked pretty good for a busy county road.

/ Rural Mail Boxes #22  
My neighbor has a variation of this. He took down his mailbox and now rents a box at the post office. Naturally, he has to drive into town to check it each day. I've always thought that this is giving in to the @#%*@)^$!!! but maybe this provides an excuse to go to town.

/ Rural Mail Boxes #23  
This mailbox looks pretty tough:

Attachments

• 8-33897-truckpark.gif
    8-33897-truckpark.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 78
   / Rural Mail Boxes #24  
Will,
Now would that be a cement mailbox /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif for its not a Rubbermaid mailbox

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Rural Mail Boxes #25  
Bob, don't expect very much from any federal law enforcement agency! I once caught 2 individuals robbing our post office. After apprhending them I
called the postal authorities and they would not even come out on it. They told me to handle it locally. They were found guilty in circuit court and sentenced to the State pen. They were only charged with burglary, they should have been tried in federal court. The feds only want to handle Big name cases so they will get a lot of media attention, sad , huh?

6-27459-jimsford.gif
jim

/ Rural Mail Boxes #26  
<font color=blue>The feds only want to handle Big name cases so they will get a lot of media attention, sad , huh?</font color=blue>

Jim, that's a fact that probably most of the general population doesn't know, but I'll bet most local officers know.

Bird