rustoleum and durability

/ rustoleum and durability #21  
I like the can stuff for rustolieum. I have touched up my bushhog with it with minimal prepwork and i am very pleased at how well it held up.

I would get the harbor freight cheap spay gun, spend a lot of time prepping the surface and get some enamel paint wether it be just implement paint from like TSC or rustolium and thin it and put hardener in it and you will be amazed at the results. I did an old slip scoop and think it turned out pretty good for the time i put into it. i did clear it after about a week, but i sparyed that out of the HF gun as well. No more rattle cans for me unless its a small job. Never paint a tractor that way unless it was maybe a small part like a fender or such. And with clear you dont need to wax it thats the point of it, you can but dont need to. Youcan just use the enamel and then you can wax it etc. for the protection.

/ rustoleum and durability #22  
Google 100$ paint job.

I have done it and if you have bad results you need to learn how to prep the surface first. 99% of every (this paint is garbage) post is due to poor surface prep or paint getting water/something it did not like in it. Most people that paint with Rusto will just shoot it over dirt, rust, bird droppings....everything and then wonder why it did not stick or last.

It is good paint easy to touch up pretty cheap. Good luck with your project.

This^^^.

I kinda thought it went w/o saying but ya, thoroughly sand, wash, and degrease everything before even thinking about painting.