Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar sa424
You guys that own a bush hog.
What size you running?
4 or 5 ft.
Wondering if it’ll run a 5 footer ok.

/ Sa424 #2  
You could quite reasonably run either, but as is often the case the larger implement may require you to just go a little slower, take a little more time, if you're getting bogged down.

/ Sa424 #3  
You guys that own a bush hog.
What size you running?
4 or 5 ft.
Wondering if it’ll run a 5 footer ok.
I run a 5' on mine. Handles it like a breeze, but I'm usually just cutting grass not brush so much. Field was about 18"-24" tall when I mowed the other day.

/ Sa424 #4  
Yes it will handle a 5ft. I went with a heavier duty 4ft instead, so less bogging while I'm cutting trails with saplings and weeds/brush up to 8ft high. 5ft is fine for flat fields of weeds. Plus the smaller size makes it easier to navigate the woods

/ Sa424 #5  
Not to hi-jack the thread, somewhat along the lines of the what the OP posted though. Have any of you pulled a 5' disk or 5' tiller with your SA? Would it handle either?

/ Sa424 #6  
Not to hi-jack the thread, somewhat along the lines of the what the OP posted though. Have any of you pulled a 5' disk or 5' tiller with your SA? Would it handle either?
I think it would pull a 5' disk easily enough. A 5' tiller might be a bit much, depending on soil type and depth. If I ever get one for mine I'll probably get a 54" - just enough to cover the tire tracks

/ Sa424 #7  
I run a 60" Yanmar/Woods tiller behind my SA424 no issues with it at all.

Issue with the disk would be maintaining traction and working depth versus soil type and trash levels. I only have disc experience with implements far too heavy to lift with the SA and thus I am uncertain how to translate my experience with disc narrows to implements of a scale suitable for the SA424