Safety tips for first time tractor owner...

/ Safety tips for first time tractor owner... #11  
You might want to wear a hard hat. Even with the chain saw, those dead limbs are dangerous.

/ Safety tips for first time tractor owner... #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You might want to wear a hard hat. Even with the chain saw, those dead limbs are dangerous )</font>

I can't imagine cutting ANY tree without a hard hat; also hearing protection, safety chaps, boots...

/ Safety tips for first time tractor owner... #13  
Best advice:

Slow down

You have run equipment before so you know the feeling when it is becoming second nature. There is where the trouble lies. Until that thing is a outgrowth of your brain, slow down.

Speed up after 200 hours or so /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you have the 12x12 tranny, coming off the Farmall, you will be going in the wrong direction in the wrong gear 75% of the time till you hit 20 or so hours anyway. Been der, done dat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

At 225 I still am looking back and going forward if I get in a hurry to hook up to something /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Safety tips for first time tractor owner... #14  
Another vote for "slow down" as the best safety advice. All of my close calls have come from going over or under something unexpected that could have been avoided if I had gone even slower. Because the engine is running and because the machine can do it there is a tendency to push through, over any obstacle....esp if time is short Don't. The soft package in the driver's seat is not as indestructable as the rest of the machine.
Chas

/ Safety tips for first time tractor owner... #15  
Only thing worries me is the trees. If you want to push them over cut them off at about ten feet up with a saw first. Then no worries of getting killed by a falling branch

/ Safety tips for first time tractor owner... #16  
Only thing worries me is the trees. If you want to push them over cut them off at about ten feet up with a saw first. Then no worries of getting killed by a falling branch

Really??, and just how long a bar should he use/