Sand Blasting Help

/ Sand Blasting Help #1  

SCDolphin

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240: Craftsman GT6500
I stated rebuilding a JD 2 row planter. I bought a sandblasting cabinet from HF on sale for $99. It came with a sandblaster gun that hooks up to 100psi air and draws the sand up from the bottom of the cabinet and is supposed to recycle sand. The problem is it will work for about 60 sec and then stops. If I unhook the siphon tube dump some of the sand out it will run another 50 sec then stop. The sand is clean dry sandbox sand I bought in 50lb bags. I also borrowed a HF sandblaster that looks like a tank with a small fill cap on the top and holds about 50 pounds of sand. It also blasts great for a couple of minutes then stops up. The sand is controlled by a valve on the bottom. Again the sand is clean, white, very fine and very dry. The blaster guns on the cabinet are really cheap. The ceramic nozle on the sand blaster was wallowed out so I replaced it. This reduced the sand consumption but the stopage continues.
The nozle size on the sand blast cabinet is larger in size and it seems it would not create as much venturi with a large nozle. Any thoughts???

/ Sand Blasting Help #2  
The siphon blaster is junk, bring it back and get a refund and your getting moisture in your air, take a coat hanger and clean out your blast tip with everything off and depressurized
:)

/ Sand Blasting Help #3  
Try lowering your air pressure to about 70-80 at the gun.
How many CFM is your compressor? I have 18 CFM@90PSI and could do with more
How are you drying your air? The air must be absolutely dry.
Try changing your hose inside the cabinet to a better one that wont kink.

*AND what Mr Jimi said