Santa's Sleigh...Iraqi model

/ Santa's Sleigh...Iraqi model
Re: Santa\'s Sleigh...Iraqi model

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( it seems like a lot of real time information would get out. How do they control that? )</font>

I believe they do have both internet and email, but like all things, when you are in a critical readiness state or there is a condition of radio silence, I'm sure access is limited. After all, we always knew our schedule when we were at sea, but there was nothing to stop us from telling someone or making a telephone call when we were in some foreign port. We were given security briefings and told what we should and should not do. Except in rare instances, that was sufficient. Honestly, on a ship with 400 men, you have to trust every one of them to be a good sailor. I guess that's why shipmates were and are a closely knit group. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Santa's Sleigh...Iraqi model #22  

The CH 47 is from Co. G / 104 AVN Army National Guard. Part of this unit is based at Fort Indiantown Gap, Northeast of Harrisburg, Pa and part is based in Connecticut. This unit was activated to join the Iraq offensive but was not needed after sitting in the Kuwait desert for 6 weeks. Instead of sending the unit home, they were sent to Afgahnistan where they have been serving since last summer. The pilot is PA National Guard and according to my son, who is a flight engineer in the unit, this type of landing is fairly common in the northern mountain areas.

/ Santa's Sleigh...Iraqi model #23  

On Jan 21st, I flew back to Illinois from Southern India.
The flight path followed the entire border between Iraq and Iran back to France before crossing the pond to come home.
It was totally clear. Those mountains along the border are sure rugged. I had quite a scare on the flight from London to Dubai on Jan 14th.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3398181.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3396667.stm

Attachments

• 370908-charminar.jpg
    370908-charminar.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 110