Satoh S-650G Serial Number Survey

/ Satoh S-650G Serial Number Survey #1  

Compact Driver

Tractor
Kubota B8200D, Woods FEL, Woods Backhoe. Satoh Bison (S-650G), Unknown Sickle Bar Mower
I'm looking for information about the S-650G serial number range on U.S or North American tractors. If you can add your information to this list than maybe we can nail down some information that we all would like to know.

My Tractor is an early model with the side mounted headlamps and single rear spotlight.

Not sure of age. 1972?

The serial number on the side of the transmission under the seat is S-650G-000937

/ Satoh S-650G Serial Number Survey #2  
I will get mine in a few days and post it for you! thanks; sonny580

/ Satoh S-650G Serial Number Survey #3  
Hi Sonny, don't know if you remember me from here and MBN but i just rejoined tractorbynet. Stan Bennett. I used to live in Michigan but moved to Florida for the winters. I just bought a Satoh S650G and still cannot determine the age of it. It has the 27HP engine and the serial number is 500795. I see you had one of these tractors when this thread was still active. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Stan

Last edited:
   / Satoh S-650G Serial Number Survey #4  
I think mine is mid to late 1970's, red and white, 25 hp engine, national front end loader and 16" rear turf tires. head lights are part of the hood and air-cleaner under the hood Serial number S-650G-400935.

Attachments

• IMG_5090.JPG
    IMG_5090.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4890.JPG
    IMG_4890.JPG
    700.5 KB · Views: 104
  • logs.jpg
    logs.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 140
   / Satoh S-650G Serial Number Survey #5  
Thanks for the info. I haven't been on here in maybe 7-8 years but always enjoyed the info. I just bought my SatohS650G a couple days ago and it needs lots of work. The wiring harness needs to be replaced which will be a complete rewiring job and putting all new wires in a loom as I am not interested in fully restoring etc. I have about 3 acres of wooded and scrub brush acreage that I want to fiddle with, so I will be working this old beast. It has a heavily built 5' loader that still has part of the decal on it and I believe it is a Blackhawk loader.

My serial number is S-650G-500795 and do not know the age of this tractor.

Does not seem to be much info anywhere on serial numbers even on TractorData.com
00r0r_2DntNlIav0S_1200x900.jpg 00Q0Q_lUM57byintY_1200x900.jpg serial number.jpg

Attachments

• serial number.jpg
    serial number.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
   / Satoh S-650G Serial Number Survey #6  
Anyone with a Satoh Bison S650G have a switch activated by the Hi-Low lever? I am rewiring my tractor and the wiring diagram does not show any reference to this switch?
If I cant find any reference to it I may just wire it to a couple indicator lamps to indicate the speed range.
Hi Low Switch.jpg

Last edited:
   / Satoh S-650G Serial Number Survey #7  
I believe that is the safety lockout switch for the starter. The high/low lever has to be in the middle to start the tractor. Mine has been by-passed.

/ Satoh S-650G Serial Number Survey #8  
sharkman62, I believe you are right. I see the "safety starter switch" in the schematic, though I thought it might be referring to a push button starter switch. My tractor has a key switch but no key so they just added a push button to start the engine. Like I say, this tractor has a sloppy wiring job by someone and subsequently shorted out and burned the harness pretty good. But all that birds nest is getting eliminated. If the safety switch is still good, I may wire it back in just to be true to the wiring logic. Thanks for the info.
I am sort of redrawing the schematic to make it easier to wire and troubleshoot in the future. I never liked these line type of drawings and tend to lean toward the hard wired industrial electrical schematics that I apprenticed on years ago. I will post the drawing when I get it done. Thanks again for the info. If we post all our data and what all of us know about the tractors, we can build a data base for the future owners of these old rice burners.

/ Satoh S-650G Serial Number Survey #9  
I'm looking for information about the S-650G serial number range on U.S or North American tractors. If you can add your information to this list than maybe we can nail down some information that we all would like to know.

My Tractor is an early model with the side mounted headlamps and single rear spotlight.

Not sure of age. 1972?

The serial number on the side of the transmission under the seat is S-650G-000937
Hi, My 650g is a 1970 000712