satoh s370d hydro-oil fill

/ satoh s370d hydro-oil fill #1  

tommypaul

:) hi guys well got my parts and i'm getting ready to put my tractor back together after the new clutch and refurbish project. ok i have the service manaul and it tells to fill hydro-oil to the bolt on the side. i'm wondering:confused3: if there is something more/or if there should be a little more oil added for the loader? if so how much? thx for your help:drink:ps here a few pictures 001 (Large).JPG002 (Large).JPG005 (Large).JPG004 (Large).JPG006 (Large).JPG

/ satoh s370d hydro-oil fill #2  
Here Satoh Parts is a picture from Valley Power showing the fill plug. I think it is on the left side where your heel would be on the running board.

/ satoh s370d hydro-oil fill #3  
I think if I were refilling my system after mostly draining it, with all cylinders in their retracted position, I'd fill to normal level. Fire the tractor up and cycle the cylinders in/out several times and after retracting them shut the tractor down and check it again adding as needed.

I don't recall there being any mention of overfilling on my tractor, but most of the literature we had on it is long gone. :(

Where did you get the service manual and how much?

/ satoh s370d hydro-oil fill
thx oliver28472 the question is. should'nt more oil be add because when the loader calls for hrdro-oil would it not leave the tranmisson low? so would't it need a little more oil then just a stock tractor? thx tommy

/ satoh s370d hydro-oil fill
I think if I were refilling my system after mostly draining it, with all cylinders in their retracted position, I'd fill to normal level. Fire the tractor up and cycle the cylinders in/out several times and after retracting them shut the tractor down and check it again adding as needed.

I don't recall there being any mention of overfilling on my tractor, but most of the literature we had on it is long gone. :(

Where did you get the service manual and how much?

thx for your reply got my manuals from jensale got a servive & operator;s manual

/ satoh s370d hydro-oil fill #6  
I agree with techwrtr2

/ satoh s370d hydro-oil fill #7  
thx oliver28472 the question is. should'nt more oil be add because when the loader calls for hrdro-oil would it not leave the tranmisson low? so would't it need a little more oil then just a stock tractor? thx tommy

Others probably can answer with greater authority, but I do not think the cylinders will use so much fluid when totally extended that you are in a dangerous position. Particularly since you don't run all day long with the loader arms all the way up and the bucket dumped. If you do, I suggest you consider other issues first. :D

/ satoh s370d hydro-oil fill #8  
thx for your reply got my manuals from jensale got a servive & operator;s manual

I think I've seen them on eBay.

I'd love it if they sold them as a PDF.