Satoh S650G rebuild

/ Satoh S650G rebuild #1  

KonigJager

Tractor
Satoh S605G
Hey all. I picked up a early 1970's Satoh S650G tractor at the beginning of the year to use on my new property and quickly ended up having to rebuild the engine due to a bad rod bearing on the #1 cylinder. Normally I just document this kind of stuff on a forum and leave it at that, but I never had the time during most of this year and after talking to a handful of people who expressed interest in videos of the process I decided to start up a channel and put everything into videos. Right now it's just voiceover along with the handful of photos I took along the way, but the rest of the progress will be recorded and uploaded as videos.

Here is the first in the series, I'm going to be putting together about 5 more videos going over the progression the project took using the photos I have, and then the rest will be actual video recordings. Let me know if you all have any questions, I ended up learning an awful lot about these little tractors and can probably give you some answers.

/ Satoh S650G rebuild #2  
Hey all. I picked up a early 1970's Satoh S650G tractor at the beginning of the year to use on my new property and quickly ended up having to rebuild the engine due to a bad rod bearing on the #1 cylinder. Normally I just document this kind of stuff on a forum and leave it at that, but I never had the time during most of this year and after talking to a handful of people who expressed interest in videos of the process I decided to start up a channel and put everything into videos. Right now it's just voiceover along with the handful of photos I took along the way, but the rest of the progress will be recorded and uploaded as videos.

Here is the first in the series, I'm going to be putting together about 5 more videos going over the progression the project took using the photos I have, and then the rest will be actual video recordings. Let me know if you all have any questions, I ended up learning an awful lot about these little tractors and can probably give you some answers.

Info to go with the Satoh S650G

The Satoh S650G Bison Tractor Information Resource

What Mazda engine does your Bison have?

/ Satoh S650G rebuild
Info to go with the Satoh S650G

The Satoh S650G Bison Tractor Information Resource

What Mazda engine does your Bison have?
I found that resource among others when I picked up the tractor, it has been most helpful.

The engine is the Mazda PB 1L. It was a challenge finding engine parts that fit it, but I'll be going over that in one of my upcoming videos. I am waiting for my 2nd video to finish rendering right this moment and will be uploading it tonight for a release tomorrow.

/ Satoh S650G rebuild #5  
This has been very helpful, thanks! I just picked up an S550G a few weeks ago, not running, engine siezed, etc. I've found the S650g and S550g are very similar. Keep posting!

/ Satoh S650G rebuild
This has been very helpful, thanks! I just picked up an S550G a few weeks ago, not running, engine siezed, etc. I've found the S650g and S550g are very similar. Keep posting!
Thanks! I'm still trying to work on the next couple videos but have been held up by life and trying to rework my process for making the videos, namely writing a script first rather than rambling and having to edit the audio a ton.