/ satoh s670d #1  

jcd0lan

need water pump
have mech book
need parts book

/ satoh s670d #2  
   / satoh s670d #3  
Re: I\'m a Satoh. Mits dealer

I have a Satoh Bison 670D-4WD, the left front nuckle leaks gear oil after setting at an angle allowing the oil to flow to that end. Do you have bearings/parts/seals new or used? I have all manuals but I have not looked to see how diffucult it is going to be to repair or the proper discription of the parts. Just looking for a parts source.
Thanks

/ satoh s670d #4  

I have a Satoh S650G...

What is the price of a new hydraulic pump...?

Rebuilt price...?

Rebuild kit...?

Thanks.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ satoh s670d #5  

John, don't know about the pricing, but back when I had my 650 G I did rebuild the pump, and then about 2 years later, put a new one in. The new one was way more expensive, but in the end I think worth it. With the one I rebuilt I had no way to do any machining of the body, so I don't think it was the best job.

With either way, it is absolutely critical the pump get extremely close to proper alignment with the engine crankshaft and that the bolts holding it are well tightened. Good Luck!

/ satoh s670d #6  

Hi Duane...

At this time, I'm only surmising the pump may be bad - actually... haven't had a chance to test anything yet...

My Father called to tell me, the 3-point stopped lifting... while he was moving some dirt with the rear blade... he looked in the fluid reservoir and didn't see any "bubbles" - he normally sees while checking the level...

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ satoh s670d #7  

John, seemed like my pumps, when they went out, sounded different. In fact, as I recall, the first time, the spline (or was it a key) stripped off of the input shaft, so there was no noise, since the pump wasn't even turning. That was really tough to determine since the block that couples the pump to the slightly flexible coupling on the crankshaft end, was still turning anyway. Really thought that whole pump and coupling setup was one of the only poorly designed features of the Satoh. It was a great economical tractor otherwise. Good luck to you.

/ satoh s670d #8  

John - The pump for the 650G runs over $1300. I sell a replacement pump kit for $495 that includes everthing needed to replace your old pump. Email me and I'll send a scan of the included components. Alot of the pumps that fail either break the shaft or strip the shaft and coupling. The kit includes a new coupling. I also have a used pump for sale. Call 540-345-9650 for more info or email. We have a service tech on hand for technical/repair / troubleshooting questions. Bill

/ satoh s670d #9  

Duane...

I hope I can be as lucky as you and just have a sheared key... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Hopefully, tomorrow I'll get a chance to see what's up... this is the first problem I've had with this unit.

I had another S650G and rebuilt the governor... but all in all... typical Japanese workmanship and quality... they just seem to run and run and run... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ satoh s670d #10  

<font color=blue>...The pump for the 650G runs over $1300...</font color=blue>

Ouch....! /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

I can almost import an entire low hp grey tractor for that price... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

but I know how crazy these things can be...

If you get a chance... email me a parts breakdown instead of fax... at this point... I'm only guessing a pump problem... {haven't seen or tested anything yet...}

My email is jd5205@nycap.rr.com

Also let me know what a "used" working pump costs...

Thank you.