Buying Advice SB200 snowblower

/ SB200 snowblower #1  

Lacmullin

Tractor
International
Has anyone have some comments on the SB200 from Bobcat and is the SB240 a big difference? Botj on high flow.

Thanks

/ SB200 snowblower #2  
What are the different hydraulic motor options available for the blowers? I have read other threads that sorta talked about the differences (std/high flow).

/ SB200 snowblower #3  
When I ordered my SB200 in 2008 there were two motor options for the fan. A high speed, lower torque O/P motor that would throw snow further if it were light and fluffy and a lower speed, high torque O/P fan motor that pushed wet, heavy snow easier but wouldn't throw it as far. I originally ordered the higher speed fan because here in the Rockies we mostly got light, fluffly snow but when we had wet, heavy snow the high speed fan was frustrating because it would slow down too much so I switched to the high torque fan motor and haven't looked back. I just need to move snow 20-30' and this works for me.

Regarding the 200 vs. the 240. It depends on how much snow you get (worst case), type of snow and whether your in a big hurry or not. If I were in business to make money clearing large areas that I needed to move quickly through then I would go with the SB240 because of the height of the scoop. If your pushing wet heavy snow, especially downhill fast, you can pile the snow in front of the fan. The SB240 is taller and has a larger auger and fan. If your not in business, then the 200 would most likely work just fine but I don't know your conditions.

I have cleared folks that were buried in 24-36" of dense packed snow (they were gone for months at a time and didn't have their properties plowed or blown, I had warned him, and advised him again mid-season to have it taken care of it then, but he didn't and then came knocking on my door to bail his butt out - idiot), and I did it with my SB200 in 2-3 vertical passes. I've also blown very wet (as in slushy), deep muck for someone who just let it go for too long and then needed to be bailed out, like the guy above. I was able to do again that thanks to the high torque fan motor again and making several passes.

It's snowing right now where I am and it's going to be the slippery kind again. Snow... melt upon hitting the ground... then freeze to a pebbly slippery bond to the ground, then heavy wet dump on top.

I've the chains on and a full tank of diesel.

I hope this helps. Ask away with questions.

DEWFPO

/ SB200 snowblower #4  
when I purchased my skidsteer s590 it came with high flow so I also picked up a SB240 high flow, it worked decent enough on most snow even the packed drifting snow, now I use the blower on my Toolcat which is not high flow, it also does a decent job, only issue it does not throw the snow as far but well enough for what I need

/ SB200 snowblower
What are the different hydraulic motor options available for the blowers? I have read other threads that sorta talked about the differences (std/high flow).

I’m looking at a 9,6 motor

/ SB200 snowblower
When I ordered my SB200 in 2008 there were two motor options for the fan. A high speed, lower torque O/P motor that would throw snow further if it were light and fluffy and a lower speed, high torque O/P fan motor that pushed wet, heavy snow easier but wouldn't throw it as far. I originally ordered the higher speed fan because here in the Rockies we mostly got light, fluffly snow but when we had wet, heavy snow the high speed fan was frustrating because it would slow down too much so I switched to the high torque fan motor and haven't looked back. I just need to move snow 20-30' and this works for me.

Regarding the 200 vs. the 240. It depends on how much snow you get (worst case), type of snow and whether your in a big hurry or not. If I were in business to make money clearing large areas that I needed to move quickly through then I would go with the SB240 because of the height of the scoop. If your pushing wet heavy snow, especially downhill fast, you can pile the snow in front of the fan. The SB240 is taller and has a larger auger and fan. If your not in business, then the 200 would most likely work just fine but I don't know your conditions.

I have cleared folks that were buried in 24-36" of dense packed snow (they were gone for months at a time and didn't have their properties plowed or blown, I had warned him, and advised him again mid-season to have it taken care of it then, but he didn't and then came knocking on my door to bail his butt out - idiot), and I did it with my SB200 in 2-3 vertical passes. I've also blown very wet (as in slushy), deep muck for someone who just let it go for too long and then needed to be bailed out, like the guy above. I was able to do again that thanks to the high torque fan motor again and making several passes.

It's snowing right now where I am and it's going to be the slippery kind again. Snow... melt upon hitting the ground... then freeze to a pebbly slippery bond to the ground, then heavy wet dump on top.

I've the chains on and a full tank of diesel.

I hope this helps. Ask away with questions.

DEWFPO

Is the 9,6 motor making a big difference?

/ SB200 snowblower #7  
Is the 9,6 motor making a big difference?

For me, yes.

Depending on the amount of snow we get, I find myself having to knock back large piles of previously plowed or blown snow and I can just chew away at them with the 9.6 over the 8.0. Now, that being said... depending on how hard packed the snow is and how fast you're working it the 9.6 fan motor will slow down as well, it's just physics. The 9.6 is just tougher in those conditions.

I liked how far the 8.0 threw the snow but I found myself frustrated by the lack of torque so I got the dealer to swap out the 8.0 for the 9.6 in the very first year I had the SB. I've had the 9.6 for 11 years now. My only want is to have more power for more throw but that's a function of my 56 HP as much as it is the fan motor.

DEWFPO

/ SB200 snowblower
For me, yes.

Depending on the amount of snow we get, I find myself having to knock back large piles of previously plowed or blown snow and I can just chew away at them with the 9.6 over the 8.0. Now, that being said... depending on how hard packed the snow is and how fast you're working it the 9.6 fan motor will slow down as well, it's just physics. The 9.6 is just tougher in those conditions.

I liked how far the 8.0 threw the snow but I found myself frustrated by the lack of torque so I got the dealer to swap out the 8.0 for the 9.6 in the very first year I had the SB. I've had the 9.6 for 11 years now. My only want is to have more power for more throw but that's a function of my 56 HP as much as it is the fan motor.

DEWFPO

Thanks for the info, i will get the SB200 with the 9.6, 72 inches wide for my Toolcat.