School me on diesel fuel

/ School me on diesel fuel #41  
Then throw in your 5 to 10% bio-diesel and you can start precipitating wax out as warm as 40 F and defiantly at 30F.

My :2cents: # 2 diesel is good to the upper 30's then I will start with the white bottle Power Service at the recommended dosage,
when it gets to the low teens or single digits the recommended double dose, any colder I start blending #1 in.
That is what I do and recommend, I have gelled and plugged filters a few times and that is way to many.

When we get down to -teens and -20's my fuel is at least 50% #1 with Power Serve, it may be over kill but my engines still
run and start for me.

/ School me on diesel fuel #42  
Most of the questions on diesel fuel are answered in this document.

https://www.chevron.com/-/media/chevron/operations/documents/diesel-fuel-tech-review.pdf

Deep inside the text is the difference between diesel and heating oil. The major point is: one can use diesel fuel in a heating furnace but Heating oil in a diesel engine is a risk to its performance and maintenance.. The viscosity, ash, cetane and lubricating qualities of diesel fuel are controlled by standards that don't apply to heating oil..

/ School me on diesel fuel #43  
Then throw in your 5 to 10% bio-diesel and you can start precipitating wax out as warm as 40 F and defiantly at 30F.

My :2cents: # 2 diesel is good to the upper 30's then I will start with the white bottle Power Service at the recommended dosage,
when it gets to the low teens or single digits the recommended double dose, any colder I start blending #1 in.
That is what I do and recommend, I have gelled and plugged filters a few times and that is way to many.

When we get down to -teens and -20's my fuel is at least 50% #1 with Power Serve, it may be over kill but my engines still
run and start for me.

My worst experience was trusting a local vendor that had a "Winterized# sign on the fuel pump. Purchased 80 gallon in a road grader in a snow storm. The next morning it looked like a 7-eleven slurpy. I've never trusted anyone since.

It costs a nickel per gallon to treat the recommended dosage rate with Power Service white bottle.

/ School me on diesel fuel #44  
Most of the questions on diesel fuel are answered in this document.

https://www.chevron.com/-/media/chevron/operations/documents/diesel-fuel-tech-review.pdf

Deep inside the text is the difference between diesel and heating oil. The major point is: one can use diesel fuel in a heating furnace but Heating oil in a diesel engine is a risk to its performance and maintenance.. The viscosity, ash, cetane and lubricating qualities of diesel fuel are controlled by standards that don't apply to heating oil..

That doc is from 11 years ago before ULSD and heating oil were the same thing.

/ School me on diesel fuel #45  
That doc is from 11 years ago before ULSD and heating oil were the same thing.

Yep, very irreverent documentation with todays fuel.

My worst experience was trusting a local vendor that had a "Winterized# sign on the fuel pump. Purchased 80 gallon in a road grader in a snow storm. The next morning it looked like a 7-eleven slurpy. I've never trusted anyone since.

Read, verify and treat anyways. The weather can change so fast from when they got that fuel to when its being used.