Scissor lift experience?

/ Scissor lift experience?
Finally quit raining so I tried putting a cedar shake under the tire. Wife ran it and I pushed.
That did it, it moved up the slope. So I guess it needs to be almost level to operate.

After some research, it appears that I purchased the wrong lift. I need a rough terrain model.
The area around here the house is just gently sloping and thought this lift would work for the remodel repair projects I want to do.

Anyone ever replace the small, slick tires with some with wider threads?

/ Scissor lift experience? #12  
They have to be almost perfectly level and many of them have to be all the way lowered to move.
Often on many of them if you observe from ground level when ever they are lifted a pair of bars are also lowered.
I have used scissor lifts many times and they are nice indoors on level concrete, but I much prefer the other various manlifts.
Many of those can handle a bit of off level work sites but not a lot.

Thanks Lou, that's what I've concluded.
Guess I'll look to trade for a rough terrain model or a boom lift.

My projects are all outdoors. My only experience was working many years ago with a friend's lift and I didn't realize that it was a rough terrain model as we drove it between buildings on his rural property.

This one is in good condition so I should be able to trade it or resale it.

/ Scissor lift experience? #14  
They hold their value. But rough terrain units are mucho spendy.

Yeah, might need to look into a boom type personal lift.

/ Scissor lift experience? #16  
Those also come in on road and rough terrain models. But more forgiving on slopes.

/ Scissor lift experience? #17  
All terrain lifts have bigger more aggressive tires but they still don't have any suspension or axle articulation so they are limited to where can travel. As a commercial carpenter I have spent more time in ariel and scissor lifts than I could count. An all-terrain scissor lift with self-leveling feature is the best at doing long straight runs like stuccoing the side of a supermarket. $$$$

An ariel lift will get you into a lot of places you could never get into with a scissor lift . If you have something in your way or can't drive next to a building that where it really shines. Check out Farmcraft 101 or Jessy Muller videos on them. It might help you with your decision. The bigger ariel lifts have bigger baskets and are easier to handle long material in. A 65' machine is a all-around good size machine for most jobs. Per ably with a jib. 🍻

/ Scissor lift experience? #18  
Finally quit raining so I tried putting a cedar shake under the tire. Wife ran it and I pushed.
That did it, it moved up the slope. So I guess it needs to be almost level to operate.

After some research, it appears that I purchased the wrong lift. I need a rough terrain model.
The area around here the house is just gently sloping and thought this lift would work for the remodel repair projects I want to do.

Anyone ever replace the small, slick tires with some with wider threads?
Indoor lifts are good on smooth level concrete. Changing tires won't help you much with only one drive wheel.

It sounds like what you need is a rough terrain lift with 4WD.

I regret NOT purchasing a 6'x12' deck foot rough terrain scissor lift 25 years ago when it went at auction for CDN$1,200. Diesel with built in genny. Nobody bid on it. Auctioneer said "someone make a bid" and a guy said $1,200. "SOLD!"

Thanks for the comments, fellows.
Gonna try to sell or trade this. Made a mistake, didn't realize the traction was so poor
with this model.
I need a boom/aerial lift.