SCUT Comparison

/ SCUT Comparison #1  

novi408

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK20S
While looking for a SCUT, I started a comparison spreadsheet of the tractors I was looking at recently. Included are: MF GC2400, NH TZ22DA, Kubota BX2660, JD 2305, and Kioti CK20S (I know, not really a SCUT).

I thought it might be useful and hopefully this can help someone else in their search.

/ SCUT Comparison #2  
While looking for a SCUT, I started a comparison spreadsheet of the tractors I was looking at recently. Included are: MF GC2400, NH TZ22DA, Kubota BX2660, JD 2305, and Kioti CK20S (I know, not really a SCUT).

I thought it might be useful and hopefully this can help someone else in their search.

You should also include the new Cut/Yanmar SC2400.

KC

/ SCUT Comparison
You should also include the new Cut/Yanmar SC2400.

KC

That is one I was very interested in when I started looking, but as soon as I sat on one, I knew it wasn't going to work. It just wasn't comfortable for me, and the controls didn't work well for me. From what I remember, it was mainly the forward reverse pedal that I couldn't live with. If I have time, I will add it to the list and update the file.

/ SCUT Comparison #4  
One thing that was a big push for me towards the 2305 (2210) over the BXs I looked at was the quick attach bucket on the FEL. Something I didn't really think about untill I saw a neighbor wrestling with his BX's bucket and then watched a dealer swap from pallet forks to a bucket on a 2305 a few days later. Huge difference! The little bit of money that the JD cost is well worth that convienience IMO.

Just read all of the threads on this in the Kubota forum and see all of the trouble those guys go through trying to get what every JD comes from the factory with. Not meant to start a color war, and if you don't have any plans to take the bucket off and swap to something else it's a non-issue but was what pushed me over.

I guess my point is that it might be good information to have in your comparison. I don't know how any of the other brands you listed fare in this regard and it's something a new tractor buyer might not think of untill they need to.

/ SCUT Comparison #5  
Just read all of the threads on this in the Kubota forum and see all of the trouble those guys go through trying to get what every JD comes from the factory with.

Like what ?!?!? Other than a proprietary quick coupler which is really only useful if you want to try and use pallet forks (which are pretty useless on this size tractor) I sure can't figure out what you would be referring to?

/ SCUT Comparison
One thing that was a big push for me towards the 2305 (2210) over the BXs I looked at was the quick attach bucket on the FEL. Something I didn't really think about untill I saw a neighbor wrestling with his BX's bucket and then watched a dealer swap from pallet forks to a bucket on a 2305 a few days later. Huge difference! The little bit of money that the JD cost is well worth that convienience IMO.

Just read all of the threads on this in the Kubota forum and see all of the trouble those guys go through trying to get what every JD comes from the factory with. Not meant to start a color war, and if you don't have any plans to take the bucket off and swap to something else it's a non-issue but was what pushed me over.

I guess my point is that it might be good information to have in your comparison. I don't know how any of the other brands you listed fare in this regard and it's something a new tractor buyer might not think of untill they need to.

I ended up with the Kioti CK20S. See here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-buying-pricing/128427-new-ck20s.html

I did look at and drive a 2305. It was nice, but I wasn't willing to pay the premium for what I saw as inferior performance/specs and some limitations with implements. For me, it came down to the Kioti and the MF GC2400 which aren't necessarily in the same class, but are in the same price range.

/ SCUT Comparison #7  
Novi,
Congratulations! That Kioti does look like a nice tractor, I'm sure it'll serve you well. It's a real value for a machine that size.

Messick,
I wasn't trying to start a war, only offered my opinion (and stated it as such)on a feature that I find valuable and a new user might not think about until the purchase was already made.

I realize you sell Kubotas and appologize if you took offense. There ARE many posts in the Kubota forums about ways to devise a quick attach for the FEL that's light and close enough to the pins to be practical with out consuming the lift capacity of these small tractors and the JD's have this.

I don't feel the SCUTs are useless with any attachmnet. They are only limited to jobs within their capabilities, which is all many people need. Their owners do some pretty impressive things with such "small" machines as anyone who reads this forum can see.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended you, my intention was only to bring to the surface a feature many people considering a machine in this class a might not think about until they want it, and at that point the choice has already been made.

/ SCUT Comparison #8  
Novi,
Congratulations! That Kioti does look like a nice tractor, I'm sure it'll serve you well. It's a real value for a machine that size.

Messick,
I wasn't trying to start a war, only offered my opinion (and stated it as such)on a feature that I find valuable and a new user might not think about until the purchase was already made.

I realize you sell Kubotas and appologize if you took offense. There ARE many posts in the Kubota forums about ways to devise a quick attach for the FEL that's light and close enough to the pins to be practical with out consuming the lift capacity of these small tractors and the JD's have this.

I don't feel the SCUTs are useless with any attachmnet. They are only limited to jobs within their capabilities, which is all many people need. Their owners do some pretty impressive things with such "small" machines as anyone who reads this forum can see.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended you, my intention was only to bring to the surface a feature many people considering a machine in this class a might not think about until they want it, and at that point the choice has already been made.

Can't speak for Messicks, but I doubt he took offense. I imagine that he wants to hear some more details about the other things that the JD has that the K doesn't have. (asside from the coupler) I know I would like to hear more about that.....

jb

/ SCUT Comparison #9  
My comments only concerned the QA bucket, as stated.

I know there is a severe shortage of tractor color peeing matches on TBN but I'm not biting, my point was made for those who find this thread in a search in the future when researching their purchase.

/ SCUT Comparison #10  
I know there is a severe shortage of tractor color peeing matches on TBN but I'm not biting, my point was made for those who find this thread in a search in the future when researching their purchase.

Aww, nuts. No tractor peeing match. What fun is that?