Seal kits for Montana 100R loader cylinders

/ Seal kits for Montana 100R loader cylinders #1  

Delmardog

Tractor
Montana
Help! Does anyone have a source of seal kits for Montana 100R loader hydraulic cylinders, both loader lift and bucket. I have the manual and part numbers and hoped an LS dealer could cross reference and figure what I needed. But he came up with numbers that were supposedly New Holland and the NH dealer didn’t find them. So help needed. Thank’s

/ Seal kits for Montana 100R loader cylinders #2  
Part numbers for rebuilding hydraulic cylinders is truly a mystery that I will never understand. Your best bet is probably to take them to your local hydraulic shop as they will be able to identify the required parts.

/ Seal kits for Montana 100R loader cylinders #3  
Either pull the cylinders out and take them to an hydraulic shop for a rebuild or if you want to do it yourself, pull the seals out, go to an hydraulic shop and get the seals. The later way maybe less than $150 for all the seals. $150 is probably the cost for a single seal kit from the OEM.

/ Seal kits for Montana 100R loader cylinders
Thanks for replying. I was thinking that I’d have to wind up taking it to a hydraulic shop but I was hoping to avoid that as I believe the nearest one is about 100 miles from me. I’d rather have UPS do the driving but if I have to, I have to.
Thanks to you both.

/ Seal kits for Montana 100R loader cylinders #5  
Yes, unfortunately unless you can find someone who has performed this repair and has identified the parts you are kinda stuck, which was the reason for your original posting asking if anyone knew the info.

In the this Youtube video Jon describes a similar circumstance that you have found yourself in. The video is kinda long 38min but he does a great job of explaining of how he fixes his cylinder:

Yes, unfortunately unless you can find someone who has performed this repair and has identified the parts you are kinda stuck, which was the reason for your original posting asking if anyone knew the info.

In the this Youtube video Jon describes a similar circumstance that you have found yourself in. The video is kinda long 38min but he does a great job of explaining of how he fixes his cylinder:

Thanks. After watching this i don’t want to try this myself, I WANT to take the cylinder to a hydraulic shop. Even if it is a hundred miles away and my wife (who will want to go along) will want to visit every resale shop in town and go to Sam’s and shop as well and then out to eat. Even if I have to endure this twice (because of taking and picking up) it will still be quicker and less hassle for me. Lol