Snow Searching For: Massey 2360 Snow Blower

/ Searching For: Massey 2360 Snow Blower #1  

GCguy

Tractor
Massey GC2600
I'm looking to buy a used Massey 2360 snow blower (ideally with the front quick hitch and PTO shaft). Anyone have one they're looking to sell?

/ Searching For: Massey 2360 Snow Blower #2  
I'm looking to buy a used Massey 2360 snow blower (ideally with the front quick hitch and PTO shaft). Anyone have one they're looking to sell?

Last time i looked there wad one on craigslist in spokane ??? Lightly used and included hitch and pto bar and had aux hydraulic tilt option too.

My understanding is the massey snowblowers like the 2360 work on older gc2300 and gc2400 and gc 26?? Plus the newer gc1700 series.

/ Searching For: Massey 2360 Snow Blower #3  
You can also use the orange model. They are identical except for color.

/ Searching For: Massey 2360 Snow Blower
You can also use the orange model. They are identical except for color.

Yes, I'm certainly considering that option. My understanding is that the Kubota and New Holland blowers are made by the same outfit here in Canada (RAD Tech) and they should fit on the Massey quick hitch. I've been trying to find a thread that details exactly what models are interchangeable with the MF2360 but haven't found one yet.

I also thought I head read somewhere that the internal gearing on the impellers of the various models is slightly different (to correspond with the PTO speeds of the machines). But apparently it's a fairly easy thing to remedy with the right parts...

/ Searching For: Massey 2360 Snow Blower #5  
Yes, I'm certainly considering that option. My understanding is that the Kubota and New Holland blowers are made by the same outfit here in Canada (RAD Tech) and they should fit on the Massey quick hitch. I've been trying to find a thread that details exactly what models are interchangeable with the MF2360 but haven't found one yet.

I also thought I head read somewhere that the internal gearing on the impellers of the various models is slightly different (to correspond with the PTO speeds of the machines). But apparently it's a fairly easy thing to remedy with the right parts...

I guess I'm confused. The pto speeds for a kubota or massey from the mid pto are all based on the same standard of 2000 pto rpm. So a massey gc1705 will have an engine rpm of 2600 to get a mid pto rpm of 2000 while a kubota bx will have a 3200 rpm to get a pto rpm of 2000.

All that changes is the engine throttle movement. The standard is still 2000 pto rpm. Is that not correct?

/ Searching For: Massey 2360 Snow Blower
I guess I'm confused. The pto speeds for a kubota or massey from the mid pto are all based on the same standard of 2000 pto rpm. So a massey gc1705 will have an engine rpm of 2600 to get a mid pto rpm of 2000 while a kubota bx will have a 3200 rpm to get a pto rpm of 2000.

All that changes is the engine throttle movement. The standard is still 2000 pto rpm. Is that not correct?

I'm note entirely sure. I haven't owned a kubota so I'm not familiar with what their spec mid pto speed rating is. I ran across this thread that seemed to outline the difference: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/massey-ferguson-owning-operating/326429-orange-red-6.html

/ Searching For: Massey 2360 Snow Blower #7  
Kubota has 2500 rpm mid pto, Massey is 2000.