Seat ? Neutral Shut Off Switch

/ Seat ? Neutral Shut Off Switch #1  

esimon4

Tractor
TCD24 New Holland
I can't seem to get off my tractor anymore without it shutting off. I think it is the nylon bushing isn't engaging correctly when the tractor is in neutral. If I hold the seat down, the tractor will still run. Any suggestions?

/ Seat ? Neutral Shut Off Switch #2  
Disconnect that seat switch completely. You should be smart enough to know that you need to be in neutral prior to dismounting. There is always a need to raise out of the seat for something to see the FEl etc and while that may be a good idea on a lawnmower to make you disengage the mower before dismounting it is not the thing for a tractor. I am glad my LS P 7010C doesnt have one, but it is an ag tractor with a cab not a CUT so maybe the safety rules are different for them. Either way, I would not have that switch on my tractor.

/ Seat ? Neutral Shut Off Switch #3  
I believe you have 2 switches a neutral switch and a seat safety switch. One of them is acting up. I would try a few simple tests before you do a permanent alteration. Wait until spring unless you are where it is warm.
Craig Clayton

/ Seat ? Neutral Shut Off Switch #4  
It should stay running IF the PTO is disengaged. Depending on the model, you may have to have it in neutral or parking brake set as well.

The safety police will tell you that you will get cancer of the eyelashes or the tractor will go on some kind of rampage if you disconnect it.

At the end of the day, you have to make the decision and act accordingly.

/ Seat ? Neutral Shut Off Switch #5  
I've been struggling with a similar issue. It seems I am too slow to pull up the seat 50% of the time when I have the snowblower (pto) engaged and get off. There are just times I want to get off and observe what is happening on the work end of the blower. I understand the safety aspect but the bottom line is I can flip up the seat and do what I want. . .

/ Seat ? Neutral Shut Off Switch #6  
I can't seem to get off my tractor anymore without it shutting off. I think it is the nylon bushing isn't engaging correctly when the tractor is in neutral. If I hold the seat down, the tractor will still run. Any suggestions?

Think about this a little. If the tractor runs while you are in the seat and shuts off when you exit, the seat switch is working properly, is it not? If you are folowing the proper procedure of seting the brake, shifting to neutral, or whatever is required for your tractor to stay running when you climb off, one of the other switches is causing your problem.